49

───

───

    "SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS STAND IN THIS river and it'll evaluate my purity level or something?", himari asked, to which the sea god had nodded.

"of course you'll have to at least stand in there for a few minutes for it to properly assess you. after all, this river is the exact one that my father purified himself in, creating us three and—"

"yeah yeah, that's great and all, but what's the criteria? a pure soul? pure body?"

susanoo gave the woman an annoyed glare, as she actually had the audacity to interrupt him.

     "a pure soul, a pure body, and a pure mind", the god huffed.

     "oh oka—wait....a pure mind too?!"

     "mhm. got a problem?", susanoo grinned, noticing himari's hesitance.

     "yūji, rumi, you two get into the waters first", himari commanded.

     "h-huh?! why us?", rumi questioned.

     "just do it!!", himari replied, ushering for the two teens to step in prior, as she herself backed up a bit.

     rumi and itadori stumbled in, as the waters around rippled outwards.

"hmmm...the girl's the definition of purity....but the boy..."

everyone flinched, as a random voice had suddenly appeared out of nowhere without rhyme or reason.

"d-did y'all hear that too, or am I actually going insane?", himari asked.

     "no I heard it as well", tōji calmly replied.

     "it's the tachibana river", susanoo stated, as if that explained anything.

     "okay, so rivers can talk now. what's new?", himari sarcastically muttered.

     "the boy's not corrupted yet...though I see your feelings are quite prominent for the girl next to yo—"

     itadori immediately jumped out of the river as a light pink dusted his cheeks, to which himari had suddenly covered her mouth in shock.

     "my baby likes someone and he didn't even tell me?!?", himari gasped, causing itadori to aggressively shake his head in denial.