14

───

───

     "WHAT'S YOUR DEAL? YOU DON'T EVEN come to our trainings anymore", sukuna inquired, making himari's palms sweat as she cleared her throat.

"and mind you, I wouldn't even be doing this shit if you hadn't asked me to", the demon snarled, with tōji nodding his head in agreement.

"I've just...got a bit of stuff going on...", himari mumbled, refusing to look into both men's intimidating gazes.

"stuff? what's going on? is that piss-haired zen'in bothering you or something?", sukuna scowled, making himari snort.

"no, but I kind of wish he did, so that I could try this naoya repellent that I made...", the woman muttered.

"then?"

himari softly sighed as she leaned back in her chair, setting down her brush, as her chin propped itself onto her palm.

"the shogunate has requested my presence, so I have to go back to the palace in a few days or so", himari stated.

"what's so bad about that? maybe if you impress him, you'll become his new concubine or something", tōji grinned, thinking that he'd receive more money from himari if she were to marry the land's wealthiest man.

     "bitch, if I were to get married, I'd be my man's only wife. no cap", himari huffed.

     "but my point is that I have an eerie feeling about this. like why would he even need to see me? am I just overthinking this?"

"you probably are. maybe he just wants you to do that fireworks shit again", sukuna replied.

"maybe...and also dad's been pressuring me to get married. like I've been on so many blind dates, and they all suck ass".

"is that what you've been doing during our training time?"

"yeah. what'd you think I was doing? napping?", himari scoffed.

"how many dates have you gone on?", sukuna asked, taking a cookie from himari's plate and dropping it in his mouth.

"seven", himari sighed.

"and none of them caught your eye? why're you standards so damn high?"

himari then glared at sukuna.