2

2| Transient Global Amnesia

Nobody's POV
County General

"36-year-old female with minor face lacerations. BP is 65 systolic on 1 liter of saline." Sandy said doing chest compressions on Nicki.

"How long have you been doing CPR?" Dr. Weaver asked as they wheeled her to an empty trauma room.

"10 minutes."

"Susan and Greene get over here now. Chuny get a CBC, Chem 7, blood gas, and a lavage."

"On my count, 1..2..3.." They lifted Nicki and placed her on the hospital bed.

"Hold compressions." Sandy stopped doing CPR and Dr. Greene listened to her heart.

"Good breath sounds bilateral." He said and the paramedics left as the doctors worked on her.

"She has a laceration on her cheek that's going to need suturing." After Dr. Greene stitched up Nicki's cheek they took her to get a CT scan. They went to the elevator to get her to the CT scan room when her machines started beating.

"Shit! Bp's dropping." Dr. Lewis said. They rushed her back to the trauma room and started doing CPR.

"Someone grab the crash cart." Jeanie grabbed the cart for Kerry and she placed it on Nicki's chest.

"Asystole." Susan said and she started doing chest compressions.

"Push one of epi." Chuny injected Nicki with the epi in her IV tube.

"Charge to 250."

"Charged." Chuny said.

"Clear." Kerry said and they backed away. She shocked her and Chuny looked at the heart monitor,

"Still asystole." Susan went back to doing chest compressions so her would still have some air in her body.

"Charge to 300."

"Charged."

"Clear."

"Still asystole. Push another one of epi. Come on Mrs. Knowles, come on." Jeanie said looking at her.

"How long has she been down?" Dr. Greene asked.

"10 minutes. Should we call it?" Susan asked.

"No. Charge to 350, we can't afford to lose her." Kerry said.

"Charged."

"Clear." Kerry shocked Nicki one last time and they looked at the monitor.

"Sinus tach." Kerry let out a sigh of relief. They got her back beating.

"Okay, take her up to CT now."

•••

The nurse, Chuny, was taking off Nicki's clothes to put on a hospital gown when she notices a laceration on her leg.

"Dr. Greene." She said getting his attention. He looked at her leg and her skin was cut open. You could see her bone which was fractured.

"Call Elizabeth down here. She needs surgery." Dr. Greene said and Kerry paged Elizabeth.

"I was paged."

"Mrs. Knowles has a deep laceration on her leg."

"I'll page the OR so they can set up the room." Just then another nurse came into the room.

"Labs are back from the CT." Haleh said giving the labs to Susan. She took it out of the folder and put it to the light.

"Damn." She said looking at the CT results.