14

14| Aruba Pt. 3

Celeste's POV

Blue, Zaé, and I were outside while our parents were inside the villa. Mommy told us that we would have to text her every hour to make sure that we didn't get kidnapped.

While we were walking I saw a little section with a bunch of people surrounding it. I read the sign;

Karaoke Contest
Three rounds
The winner (s) gets $500

"You guys want to do karaoke?"

"Yeah sure." Zaé said and we began walking to the section.

"What song are we going to sing?" Blue asked.

"We should sing Ain't no mountain high enough. I'll sing Marvin and you guys sing Tammi." I said and they nodded. I put our names down on the sheet of paper and the song that we were going to be singing. We took a seat and soon more people arrived.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the tenth annual Aruba karaoke concert. The winning team, or winner, will take home $500. Our first runner-up is Alicia Gallant."

***

Nobody's POV

Nicki was at home while Beyoncé was at the studio. She was supposed to go but she started feeling sick last night. She has been feeling sick for about a month so when Beyoncé left for work, she took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. She was nervous to tell Beyoncé being that the two had just gotten married and their musical careers had just taken off. This was also her first pregnancy so she was nervous about being a good or bad mom.

A few hours later Beyoncé had come home and she said as very jittery about her. Beyoncé noticed it and decided to ask her about it.

"Baby, are you okay? You seem nervous around me."

"Yeah I-I'm fine." She nodded.

"No, you're not. You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Yes."

"Alright, so you want to tell me." Nicki nodded her head but began crying before she could even get her words out.

"Why are you crying baby?"

"I'm scared."

"Why baby?"

"I'm p-pregnant."

"I'm excited baby." Beyoncé smiled, "Why are you crying though?"

"Because I'm scared that I- I won't be a good mom." She said as hot tears ran down her face.

"Aww, baby it's okay. I'll be here for you to help you. I'm not leaving you. We're going to raise our child together. There's no need for you to cry."

Nicki nodded and Beyoncé wiped her tears.

"I love you."

"I love you too Bey Bey." She smiled and pecked Nicki's cheek.

"Bey Bey." Nicki mumbled coming back to reality. Beyoncé snapped her head towards Nicki. She hadn't heard Nicki call her that in some time.

"What did you just say?"

"Bey Bey. Is that what I used to call you?"

"Yeah but one day you stopped."

"Oh were you mad at me because I stopped calling you that?"

"No, I could never be mad at you baby." Nicki smiled.

"Did you have another memory?"

Nicki nodded, "I was pregnant, I'm guessing with Celeste, and I was scared that I was going to be a bad mother."

"I remember that. You were crying and even after she was born you still thought that you were going to be a bad mother." Beyoncé chuckled at the memory.

"Any idea why?"

"Are you sure you want me to tell you?"

"Yeah."

"Mmkay, well your mother wasn't the best. When her mother died she started drinking badly. On top of that, your father wasn't really around."

"Why was that?"

"He said that he was working. Half was true and half wasn't. He was cheating on your mother and when she found out her drinking got worse. She didn't tell him that she knew about him cheating and he didn't know that she knew. So one day she surprised him with divorce papers." Beyoncé explained to Nicki.

"Oh, how old were me and Lauren?"

"You guys were about twelve. You and I were close friends so you used to tell me about your mother drinking and I offered to help. We told her to go to AA meetings and she did and got better. Your mom got her job back and your father took Lauren away. Up until this day she had never had a drink."

"That's good. I'm proud of my mom."

"Me too." Beyoncé's phone buzzed and it was a text message from Celeste.

Onika's Twin 🙄: We're at a karaoke concert. Hurry up and come so you can see your daughters sing better than destiny's child 😭😭

Beyoncé chuckled at her daughter.

Mommy 🐝: Haha very funny. We'll be there soon.

"Look what Celeste sent me just now." She said showing Nicki and she laughed.

"She's so funny."

"That is not funny. Don't laugh at her." Beyoncé said getting up and Nicki followed.

Celeste's POV

"Next up we have the Knowles Sisters singing Ain't no mountain high enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell." People cheered as we walked onto the stage. I looked out in the crowd and saw mommy and momma taking their seats.

I smiled and waved at them. They waved back.

"Hi my name is Celeste and these are my sisters, Blue and Zaé. We're going to be singing Ain't no mountain high enough. Cue the music."

"Listen, baby, ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough, baby." I sang and then my sisters joined in.

"If you need me, call me, no matter where you are
No matter how far."

"Don't worry, baby."

"Just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry."

"'Cause baby, there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you, baby." We sang together and the crowd went wild.

"Whooo! That's my babies." Mommy said standing up and clapping. I smiled.

"Oh no darling."

"No wind, no rain
Or winters cold can stop me baby." My sisters are eating their parts up.

"No, no baby."

"'Cause you are my love."

"If you ever in trouble, I'll be there on the double
Just send for me."

"Oh baby." We sang together. Once we finished the song, people started throwing roses at us and whistling.

It's safe to say that we ate that song up.

***

In the end, we ended up winning against these two sisters. We won with Emotions by Destiny's Child, because once I hit mommy's note, it was already over. The two sisters were so competitive. It was giving the dancing scene in "White Chicks". The money we won would be transferred onto the card that mommy used to pay for the hotel.

I had fun today...

***

Nicki's other memory?

Carol?

The girls winning the karaoke contest?

•Excuse any typos 👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽