13

13| Aruba pt. 2

The Knowles family has been in Aruba for about two days, just taking it all in. They haven't done anything really except for going to breakfast and dinner since they've all been jet-lagged. But today, Beyoncé was feeling well-rested and they were going to do something.

"You guys want to go to the beach today?" Beyoncé asked pouring her a cup of tea. They all had already eaten breakfast, provided by room service.

"Yeah."

"Yes." Zaé said excitedly. She loved the beach just for the sand.

"Okay, go and get ready. I'll tell Nic." They all nodded, going their separate ways to go and get ready for the beach. Beyoncé went into the living room and saw Nicki staring at the blank tv.

"Nic?... Nicki..." Beyoncé called out attempting to get Nicki's attention but it was like she was stuck in a different world or something.

Nicki was at the supermarket shopping for food for the empty house that she shared with her mother. There were only canned vegetables and eggs in the house so Nicki had to do some serious shopping.

"Nini?" Nicki's head turned around hearing someone call her by her nickname that only her little sister called her by.

"LoLo?" She ran to her little sister whom she hadn't seen in a very long time.

"I missed you, Nini." Lauren calls Nicki "NiNi" because when she was younger she couldn't pronounce "Nicki" and the nickname just stuck.

"I missed you too LoLo." Nicki's little sister, Lauren, lives with their father, Robert. He's not a good man, nor father. He's keeping his daughters apart from each other. When Nicki's parents got a divorce, he took Lauren and Carol took Nicki. Although Carol wanted both of her daughters together, the judge granted full custody of Lauren to him and vice versa.

"Daddy let you come?" She asked breaking their hug.

"No, I-I ran away. He was being mean to me." Lauren said as tears threatened her eyes.

"What did he do?"

"Nicki?!" Beyoncé said finally getting her attention.

"Huh? Yes?" She said snapping her head towards her wife.

"You good? What were you thinking about?"

"Umm, somebody named LoLo. I don't know who that is." She said as Beyoncé took a seat next to her.

"You remember her?"

"Yes, who is that?" Nicki asked curiously.

"One second babe." Beyoncé left and went to go and get an empty book for Nicki to write in. She came back and Nicki looked at her.

"What's that for?"

"I want you to write down what you remember, Mmkay?"

"Okay." She grabbed the pen and the book and began writing what she remembered.

"Can you answer me though?" Beyoncé nodded.

"Lauren is your younger sister."

"Oh, has she come to see me since my accident?" She asked putting the pen down.

"Yes."

"Oh okay. How come we were separated?"

"Nicki..." Beyoncé trailed off.

"Beyoncé answer me please."

"Nicki I-"

"Beyoncé please."