4

4| Bey?

Nicki's POV

I woke up in a strange room and I started panicking. Someone kidnapped me?! My eyes landed on the wall and noticed that I had a picture with this lady, who I'm guessing was my wife because she was dressed in a tux for women and I was wearing a dress.

Why isn't she in the bed next to me? I sighed and went inside the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. After I washed my face I went downstairs.

Beyoncé's POV

The kids took the bus to school so it was just Nicki and I at home. I was making breakfast when I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and I looked seeing Nicki walking downstairs. I put the spatula down and walked to the stairs. I picked her up and sat her on the table.

"What are you doing? You can't walk on your leg."

"Oh." She said looking at her leg seeing the bandage.

"It doesn't hurt?" I asked confused.

"No." Maybe it was the cream that I put on her cut last night.

"Oh okay. Well, you can't walk for six weeks."

"Oh. Are you my wife? I saw a picture of us in the room that I was in."

"Yes, I'm your wife." I said flipping a pancake.

"That's nice. How long have we been married for?"

"We've known each other since middle school and we've been married for 18 years." Her mouth dropped.

"I've been with you that long?"

"Yes."

"That's a really, really, long time. Do we have kids?"

"We have three girls."

"All girls?" She asked shocked and I chuckled.

"Yeah, crazy right?" She nodded.

"Wife what's your name?"

"Beyoncé."

"Can I call you Bey?" She asked smiling.

"Sure." I made our plates and we ate in comfortable silence.

***

Later on that day

Nicki and I were upstairs in our room watching Good Times.

"Bey, do I have crutches?" She asked me.

"Yes, you want to learn how to use them?" She nodded her head.

"You had to use crutches before?"

"Yes, when I was about 5 I broke my leg." I picked her up and brought her downstairs into the living room.

"How?" She asked as I sat her on the couch.

"I was climbing a tree to save my cat and my cat jumped off and landed on his feet. So I thought that I could land on my feet too but I ended up breaking my leg." I said and she laughed, her nose scrunched up.

"You thought you were a cat?" She said and laughed harder. I smiled. Hearing her laugh made me feel like everything was going to get better. I went into the closet and got out the crutches for her.

"So you're going to watch me first then you are going to try on your own alright?"

"Mmhmm, got it."

"Okay, so you're going to want to slightly lean forward and place both crutches about a foot in front of your body." I said showing her.

"Then move as though you are taking a step with your injured foot, but place your weight instead on the handgrips of the crutches." She nodded her head and I continued.