16

16| Back home

Nobody's POV
June 21
10:39 AM

"Are you ready for your appointment?"

"Yes." Nicki said and got up from the couch. She limped towards the door and Beyoncé laughed.

"Beyoncé, ain't shit funny."

"Yes, it is." She said smacking her ass and Nicki jumped.

"Stawwppp! Walk in front of me."

"No, I like to see it move."

"Beyoncé..."

"Nicki I'm not moving." She huffed and quickly walked to the car. Beyoncé opened the car door and Nicki got in.

"What do you say?"

"Thank you."

"Thank you who?"

"Beyoncé please stop playing. We're gonna be late."

"I'm not. Say it?"

"Thank you, daddy." Nicki said with a slight attitude and Beyoncé smiled.

"You're welcome." She closed the door and walked to the other side of the car. Getting in the car she buckled up and put the key in the ignition, turning the car on. She soon drove off in the direction of the hospital.

Once they arrived, Beyoncé opened the door for Nicki and they walked hand and hand into the hospital. Beyoncé walked to the front desk while Nicki took a seat.

"Hi, my wife has an appointment with Dr. Boulet."

"Okay, name of the patient?"

"Onika Knowles."

"Okay, Dr. Boulet will be down soon."

"Thank you." The lady at the front desk nodded her head and Beyoncé sat down next to her wife. A few moments later Dr. Boulet came into the waiting room. They walked to the room with her in front and Nicki sat on the bed.

"Hey, how is everything going?"

"Great." Nicki said smiling, she was starting to truly feel like herself again.

"Nicki has started back to remembering things."

"She has?" The doctor questioned.

"Yes, she remembers stuff from the past like when she was pregnant with our first child." She nodded and began to write on her notepad.

"How long ago was that?"

"Sixteen years ago." Nicki answered.

"Okay, that's impressive. The surgeon is going to come to take your screws out and then after you are free to go home. Any questions?"

"No, no questions."

"Alright, enjoy the rest of y'all day."

"You too."

***

12:28 pm

"Where are we off to now?"

"We have to pick the kids up from my mom's house and then go get Zhané from daycare."

"I thought she was done already." Nicki said.

"No, the kids are finished with school, daycare is different." Nicki nodded. Zhané still goes to daycare because she didn't start school last year. Being that she turned five in December, she was too young to be enrolled in school in September.

Beyoncé stopped at the red light before pulling out her phone to text Celeste.

          Mommy 🐝: I'm five minutes away. Make sure y'all have everything ready.