5

5| Normal

Nobody's POV
May 15
4:52 AM

Nicki's sweaty body tossed and turned in the bed as she was having a nightmare. She woke up from her dream feeling around the bed for her wife, Beyoncé. When she didn't feel her she frowned and grabbed her crutches. Nicki walked out of the room and walked to a door that seemed like a guest room because all the other room doors were painted a different color.

She knocked on the door and Beyoncé opened it. To her, Bey looked like she wasn't getting sleep and she wasn't.

"What's wrong?" She asked seeing Nicki shiver and her shirt damp from her sweat. She picked her up and placed the crutches against the wall before closing the door.

"I had a nightmare and you weren't in the bed next to me." She said as Bey laid her on the bed.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"It's fine."

Bey sighed getting in the bed next to her, "What was your dream about?"

"The accident. It kept happening over and over again. It's like every time it replayed I had a way to avoid the accident but I just couldn't find it." She started crying and Beyoncé rubbed her back.

"Then I ended up at the hospital and that's all that I-I remember. Bey, why didn't I just die when my heart stopped beating. I-I just want to be normal again. I feel like I'm a burden on you and that you have to take care of me. If I don't g-get my memory back and if I'm not me anymore, are you still gonna stay with me because I-" She cut her off.

"Babe stop. I married you because I love you and I want to take care of you no matter what life holds for us in the future. I made a vow to stick with you through thick and thin, sickness and in health and that's what I'm doing. I'm never going to leave you, not ever. You are not a burden on me so don't feel like it. I'm supposed to take care of you because that's what wife's are for. So stop talking like that, you're going to be fine. Alright?"

"Okay." She said hesitantly.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She yawned and she kissed her forehead.

Nicki's POV

Just being held in her arms, and feeling her lips on my skin made me feel so alive. I might not remember the love we shared over the years, but she has already made me fall in love with her all over again.

Nobody's POV
In the morning

When Beyoncé woke up this morning she told the kids that they had to take the bus to school. Beyoncé couldn't drop them off because she didn't get much sleep last night and she was tired. Nicki had woke up again with the same dream and ended up crying herself to sleep. Beyoncé stayed up all night with her making sure that when Nic had another nightmare, she was up with her.

***

Celeste's POV
3:12 PM

I forgot to give mom her glasses that I borrowed. Then again, I probably shouldn't give it to her. She won't remember me but I wouldn't know that until I try. I sighed before getting up, grabbing the glasses, and walking to their room.

I knocked on the door and she said come in.

"Hi."

"Hi? Do I know you?" I took a deep breath. Oh my god, this is too hard.

"Uh, I don't think so but I came to return your glasses-" she cut me off.

"I never gave you my glasses."

"Well, yeah, you didn't give them to me I b-"

"Stole it?" Momma cut me off again.

"N-no, I didn't." I stuttered.

"Okay, so you're a liar and a thief now!" She yelled at me and I felt tears in my eyes.

"I never stole your glasses."

"Yes, you did." She said grabbing her crutches and rushing downstairs yelling my mommy's name.

Nobody's POV

"Bey, Beyoncé!" Nicki yelled coming down the stairs with her crutches. A furious Celeste was a few feet behind her.

"Woah, what's going on?"

"This little thief stole my glasses."

"I never stole her glasses mommy."

"Yes, she did. She probably stole some other things."

"I didn't, I swear." Celeste said with tears streaming down her face. She couldn't believe that her mom called her a liar and a thief.

"I understand Leste. Go upstairs to your room."

"So she can steal more things?!"

"Nicki stop, Celeste go."

"I don't want your glasses anymore." She said slamming them on the table before stomping up the stairs.

"Who is she anyway?"

"She's our daughter." Beyoncé sighed.

"Bey she- wait she's our what?"

"Our daughter. She didn't steal your glasses, she just borrowed them."

"Oh my god, I feel so bad now. I yelled at my daughter and I-" Nicki said running her fingers through her hair.

"Nic, it's fine. I'll go talk to her."

"No, I'll go. I'm the one that yelled at her."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Beyoncé said grabbing her by the waist.

"Bey, just let me go please." She pleaded and he did.

Celeste's POV

I can't believe it. She accused me of stealing from her and being a liar. I knew that I should've waited for her to get better. I should've saved myself the tears and anger.

Someone knocked on my door and I stopped crying. I didn't want whoever it was to hear me.

"Celeste, can I come in?" I got up and opened the door. She walked in and we sat on my bed.

"We're you crying?"

"No." I said while sniffling and I quickly wiped my tears. She sighed. I laid my head on her lap and she ran her fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry for calling you a liar and a thief. I'm sorry I yelled at you. I hope that you can forgive me. I understand if you are not able to forgive me now but I hope that you will be able to forgive me in the future."

"I already forgave you."

"I may not remember you but I can already tell that you are beautiful, amazing, and a strong young lady. I love you princess." I started crying again.

"I love you too mommy." I spoke hugging her tightly.

***
Celeste's room in MM

•Excuse any typos 👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽