8

8| Seizure

Nobody's POV
County General

"36-year old female suffered a seizure at her home that lasted for three minutes. BP is 90/60 which is low. Start her on two liters of saline and get Dr. Lewis in here." Dr. Boulet said as they wheeled Nicki into a trauma room.

Beyoncé trailed behind the doctors watching their every move

Beyoncé trailed behind the doctors watching their every move. Walking towards the double doors to the trauma room, the nurse stopped her before she could step in.

"Uh, ma'am you can't be back here."

"That's my wife."

"I know and we have to do our job so you can wait in the waiting area and I'll get you when we're done."

Beyoncé shook her head, "I just- I won't get in y'all way I promise. Just let me stay here." Nurse Haleh sighed and they walked inside of the trauma room. She then pulled out a chair for Beyoncé to sit on.

"Thank you." Beyoncé watched as the doctors worked on her wife.

***

A few hours later

Nicki was in a deep sleep from the seizure and the medication that was given to her. Beyoncé held her hand as she sat in a chair next to Nicki's bed. She was on FaceTime with her mother talking about Nicki's condition.

"The doctors said that Nicki's seizure was caused because her blood pressure was too low and from the head injury she got from the car accident." Beyoncé whispered over the phone not wanting Nicki to wake up.

"Aww, poor baby."

"I know, and I wish that she could just get her memory back and start remembering things."

"I know baby me too, but things like that take time and you have to be patient." Tina explained to her daughter. Beyoncé sighed and ran her hands over her face.

"I know momma. Can you take the girls to school tomorrow? I want to stay here with Nicki."

"Yes of course I will."

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, baby. What about your night clothes?"

"I asked the nurse for scrubs and hygiene products to she's going to come back and give them to me. I don't want to leave Nic's side." She said looking at Nicki sleep peacefully.

"Aww okay baby, I'll kiss the girls goodnight for y'all." Tina said and Beyoncé smiled.

"Alright, love you."

"I love you too baby, I'll be praying for Nicki tonight."

"Okay, later."

"Later." Tina said and hung up the phone. Soon the nurse walked in and gave Beyoncé the things that she asked for. She said a small thank you and placed the clothes on the couch that was next to her. Sitting back down in the chair, Beyoncé felt Nicki squeeze her hand. Beyoncé looked at Nicki as her eyes fluttered open.

"Hey, baby. Do you remember me?"

"Of course, how could I forget you?" Nicki smiled. She then looked around and frowned.

"What am I doing here?"

"You suffered a seizure at home."

"Oh, how did it happen?"

"The doctors said that it was from a recent brain injury and your blood pressure was low. You got into a car accident about a week ago and you hit your head on the steering wheel."

"Oh, I kind of remember the accident." Beyoncé slightly nodded.

"Bey, can you lay in the bed next to me please?"

"Nic the bed is too small for the both of us."

"No, it's not. I'll move over and I'll lay on you." Beyoncé sighed and got out of the seat. Nicki got up and Beyoncé laid in the bed. Nicki then got back in the bed, straddled Bey, and laid her head on her chest.

"Be careful with your wires baby." Bey said and Nicki moved them out of the way. Laying back on Beyoncé's chest she sighed.

"Why do you still love me after all that I've been through?"

"Baby-"

"Answer the question please."

"I love you because you are my best friend, the love of my life, my wife, and the mother of our three delinquents." Nicki chuckled.

"I love you because I made a vow to love you through sickness and in health. I love you because you complete me, you are my other half. You mean everything to me. I love you Nic."

"I love you too Bey." Nicki raised her head from Beyoncés chest and repeatedly pecked her lips. Beyoncé grabbed Nicki's chin and deepened the kiss.

"Mmm." She felt Beyoncé rise and she smirked to herself and pulled away. Just then a doctor walked in to talk to the couple.

"Hi, Mrs. and Mrs. Knowles." Dr. Lewis said walking into the room.

"Hi."

"I have your CT scans." She took the CT films and placed them on the film lightbox. The pressed the button and Nicki's brain was on display.

"So this is your brain. As you can see this part of your brain which is called the hippocampus is two times smaller than what it is supposed to be. If it gets any smaller you can potentially lose your memory forever and we don't want that to happen."

"Do you have any idea if her memory loss is permanent or temporary?" Beyoncé asked the doctor.

"No, we do not. We hope it's only temporary but only god can tell at this time. If her memory doesn't get better within six months we have no choice but to rule it as Alzheimer's." Beyoncé sighed and nodded her head.

"Any more questions?"

"Yeah, how long do I have to be in the hospital for? And, do I have to eat the hospital food?" Nicki asked and Bey chuckled. Nicki absolutely hates hospitals. She hates the way they smell, the sick people, and most of all the nasty food.

"You can go home tomorrow we just have to monitor you and no you don't have to eat the hospital food."

Nicki nodded, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." The doctor said and she walked out of the room.

***

•Excuse any typos 👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽