3

This a continuation from the last chapter so it's the same day.

Nicki's POV

My wife drove me to this house and it was so huge. I don't know how we live in this big house together. Omg. Do we sell drugs?!

"We live here?" I asked my wife as she stopped the car.

"Yes."

"It's so big." My wife opened the car door for me and carried me to the house. I didn't quite learn how to use the crutches so she was going to have to carry me for a while. Celeste opened the door and my wife carried me upstairs into a big room.

She then carried me to the bathroom and sat me on the counter

"I'm going to run your shower water."

"Okay." I nodded my head. After my wife helped me take my shower she also helped me put on my clothes. I was so tired and all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

My wife put some cream on my cut that was on my leg which made it numb. After a while, I didn't feel any pain anymore. I wonder how long this cream is going to last. After she was done, I noticed that my wife was leaving me.

"Uh, wife?" I called out sitting up in the bed.

"Yes. Are you okay?" She asked concerning. She's so sweet, no wonder why I married her.

"Yes, I'm fine. If your my wife aren't you supposed to sleep in the same bed as me?"

"Yes but I-"

"So come. I don't bite, well at least I don't think so." I said and she sighed before getting in the bed with me. I snuggled into her side. Her body is so warm.

"Goodnight wife."

"Goodnight Nic." She said kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.

Beyoncé's POV

"Uh, wife?" She called out sitting up in the bed.

"Yes. Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yes in fine. If your my wife aren't you supposed to sleep in the same bed as me?"

"Yes but I-"

"So come. I don't bite, well at least I don't think so." She said and I sighed before getting in the bed with her. I didn't want to sleep in the bed with her because when she wakes up in the morning she might think I'm a stranger.

She snuggled into my side and put her head on my chest.

"Goodnight wife."

"Goodnight Nic." I said kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep. I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep. Instead I daydreamed about the first time that we met in middle school.

Nobody's POV
September 1995

Beyoncé just moved to California from Houston Texas. She was kind of happy to make new friends at a new school but she'll miss her old friends. She walked to her homeroom class and sat down, waiting for the other students to walk in.

Then a girl around her age sat down next to her, "Hi my name is Onika but some people call me Nicki, what's yours?"

"I'm Beyoncé."

"Beyoncé, I like it. It's different."

"Thank you." Beyoncé smiled. She never had someone tell her that they liked her name. It's always "That's a hard name to pronounce." or "Couldn't your mother have given you a different name?"

"Good morning class." The teacher said.

"Good morning." The class mumbled tiredly.

"We have a couple of new faces in class so I'm going to have you guys turn and talk to your partner and find out what things you all have in common. I'm setting a timer for 7 minutes so start talking."

Beyoncé started, "What's your favorite color?"

"Pink. What's yours?"

"Blue."

"Hmm, what's your favorite food?" Nicki asked Beyoncé and she thought about it for a while before answering.

"Pizza."

She giggled while her nose scrunched, "You actually had to think about that? You are so picky."

"Yes I did and it's not called being picky it's called 'knowing what you like to eat'." Beyoncé said making her laugh.

"Well, my favorite food is pizza also." They laughed.

"What's your favorite show to watch?"

"I love Lucy." She answered.

"You watch that show?"

"Yeah, I know it's kind of an old show." Nicki admitted.

"No, I watch it sometimes too with my grandmother." Beyoncé said.

"Oh, you saw the episode when she had to tell the truth for a whole day?" She asked.

She laughed, "Yeah and then everyone got mad at her when she started telling the truth."

"Yup, then her husband made her audition for a show and she lied saying that she spoke Italian. Oh my goodness, that was so funny."

"What's your favorite movie?" Bey asked after their laughter died down.

"Grease. What's yours?" Nicki said.

"When a stranger calls."

"Eh, I don't like scary movies." She spoke shaking her head.

"You just have to laugh at the jump scares. Don't worry one day, you and I are going to watch a scary movie together." She said and Nicki was about to respond but the timer went off. It's crazy how time flies when you're having fun.

***

•LMFAOAOOA wait I lowkey forgot about this book 😭

Excuse any typos 👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽