Prologue

[20th, 1865....]

[Joseon Dynasty]

[Gwangjong palace]

🌸🌸

Quietness captures the moving echoes leading to a dark place domesticating various unwanted pests. A dungeon is exposed at the entrance relieving deep green grass hovering under the setting sun. Its hugeness and spaciousness engulfs the cries of people.

From the entrance lies a couple of cells caged with iron bars which were looking rusty. The squelch and squeals of rats mimics the silent dark atmosphere lightened with little candles at each position on the walls.

Rats twitch their greasy mouths shaking the hair at the top of its nose. The sounds of heavy footsteps ring in their ears leaving them scared. They scurry out immediately.

Its walls are carefully carved with specific designs with a grand entrance opened by a reddish brown door gate, lined up with guards shielded with swords. "Your Majesty! The Crown Princess is missing," one soldier announces armed from top to button. His solid armor shakes as he kneels down before him.

A man in black long coat being addressed as His Majesty, with a long face covered with moderate black curly hair begins snickering before turning to a group of dead bodies with bite marks on their necks.

Beneath his sword, another man who had a strict, heavy face struggles to free himself from the shackles arresting his hands, under two guards who hold him captive. With a sharp grasp on his hanbok, he drags himself on his knees to get closer to him.

"What did you do to my daughter?!" Covered with tears and dust all over his face, he wriggles his body to loosen their grip on him but it was of no use.

The man in the long black coat swirls heartily and takes a deep breath. As his tongue rolls, his eyes shot red finding a guard walking in alone. With his trembling hands, he lowers his head to the man. Cropped with disappointment, he opens his eyes in a split second and grabs the guard by his sleeves.

"Useless fool!" Infuriation swiftly overtakes the comporting expression in his eyes. At the blink of an eye, he pulls the guard to his lips and digs his teeth into the neck of the informant making him squeal in pain. The body drops dead as he raises his head up high snickering happily.

A drop of the blood from his mouth glides on his chin and drops on the floor. He rolls his eyes at the sight of his captive with a sudden smirk escaping from the corner of his mouth. The man squatting suddenly falls back staring at the dead body beside him.

"Take him away. Wait. Before that, the Q-Queen," he hesitates. Feasting his eyes around, he smiles at a the door. A young average beautiful woman, in a long pink ancient dress touching her toes, and a royal crystal crown embedded in her hair is forcefully pulled from the King's chamber to the dungeon by two arrogant guards.

"No. Let her go! You can't get away with this if you hurt anyone of us," he says as they throw her onto the floor. The guards seem hesitant to proceed at first but the sight of their dead colleague wakes them up.

Falling against the wall, her heavy breath makes her struggle to get back on her feet. She covers her body with her hands shaking all over. After turning away from him, he moves swiftly towards the Queen's side, watching her lustfully with his blue transparent eyes.

"Really? I'd like to see what you can do, Your Majesty."

Smiling, he touches her face while moving to kiss her but she averts her chin from his palm and looks away. He grins registering her swift from disgust and pulls her up using his arms to trap her neck.

Strangling her, he exclaims, "I'll kill each and every informant who comes with no news. How long can you watch your citizens die in front of you?"

She quickly attempts to get up but he grips her shoulder harshly forcing her to sit still. Shaking her tearful eyes, the King falls in hesitation.

"I know you've hidden that daughter of yours. If you want the Queen," he states while releasing his arm from her neck after strangling her for a moment.

"To survive-bring her to me now!" The King widens his eyes in shock. He stammers in between and fumbles with his words, "I-I don't know what y-you're talking about."

He folds his lips, nodding silently and streaking a scornful smile on his face. Pacing around the Queen, he stops behind her and makes the guards shudder with his eye language making them scurry out.

Within the blink of an eye, he pulls the Queen closer to him, clenching his teeth out, as he digs his teeth into her neck before sucking her blood happily as she struggles. The king yells in pain before falling down in despair.

"Eeomoni!" a beautiful little girl about three years old cries coming out of her hideout.

Dolled in a blue royal gown with a tie on her waist and a violet ribbon tying her long black hair, she quickly runs towards her mother in tears as her hair dangles at her back at each step she takes in desperation.

       Comment 💫 Vote💫 Share

The next chapter begins "The Hunt"

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote as you read.