👑11| Bombshell

🌸🌸

Wiping her hands with a cloth, she turns to me with a sharp nod. "Yeah. She was the Crown Princess of the late king—"

"-what do you mean by was?" She hits my head with a sigh before shaking her head. "You don't remember that also? She died years ago along with the King and Queen. Some say she disappeared," Bo Mi confesses. As she ends her words, she attempts to get up but I hold her hand and pull get down.

  "Disappeared?" She returns a nod and sits beside me. When she notices the curiosity in my eyes, she continues talking.

  "Apparently. But it's obvious they're baseless rumors to scoop money from the royals. The palace's too secured for a princess to escape from. But regarding her parents, they died in a fire outbreak. Their bodies couldn't be retrieved."

  Forcing a nod, I squat closer to her and bite my lips. "And do you know what caused the fire-"

  "No. I guess it had to do with politics. Rumors say it was done by the Crown Prince to take the throne. After all, he has a written document by the King which legalized his position now."

  Hearing all of these, I suddenly feel much more confused than I already was.

  "What of the Crown Princess? Did she die in the fire too?" Heaving a sigh, she daringly stares at me. I look away immediately and play with my fingers. "What's your sudden curiosity over the royal family? She's probably dead."

Before she drops her hand on the table, I feel numb, confused, petrified and astonished by her abrupt statement. I grab the scroll he handed over to me and take a quick glance at it again.

"Why? You're studying royal ancestry?" she asks. As she washes her hands, I grit my teeth furiously. She was probably dead? How was that possible? Mumbling angrily under my breath, I clench my fists and storm outside. "Seong Ri—wait. You just arrived!" Bo Mi exclaims when she sees me running out.

Banging the door behind me, I push the fence door behind me and tap my feet on the floor with quick steps. Fuming with anger at the sheer thought, I throw my hands in the air.

I mean how could he? My freedom depends on him and he is playing with it. I thought he is sensible enough? If he needed to find a dead person, an exorcist would be far better. Why did he ask me to do that? What intention does he have by telling me to look for a dead person?

 Holding the scroll in my left hand, my body brushes past a number of people throughout the walk to the palace. I hold the scrolls firmly in one hand and throw the other in the air furiously as I march to the palace.

Marching, I hear my name amongst the crowd but anytime I turn, I see no one familiar. With a pout, I turn around and resume moving towards the palace gates.

  My legs pause when I get to the entrance. The guards cross their swords at me with daring gazes which gives me the creeps. Stepping back, I raise my head and stare angrily at them.

"I'm here to see the Crown Prince!" I alarm. Immediately I attempt to walk inside, they hold my hands tightly and begin dragging me back. I roll my eyes at them as I look around curiously. I won't leave here until I talk to that guy. He's so annoying! I can't believe he did that to me.

 I smile for a moment and cover my mouth with my hands to make a hole, in order to amplify my voice and sound louder.

 "Come out now! I won't leave until you come. If you're a man, come on— come out," I scream while jumping on both toes. Noticing that I wanted to break a commotion in front of the palace, the guards rush over to me to arrest me in their arms. I struggle to break free from their uncomfortable grip, but it is useless since they are stronger.