👑31| Surrender

🌸🌸

I take in a deep breath for the last time before letting myself go. Closing my eyes without hesitation, I feel a tingling sensation over my skin after my body hangs loosely in the air.

Just when I think I'm finally going to leave all these problems behind me, I feel my hand tightly gripped by another hand refusing to let go. It is then I realize that my body is hanging over the cliff.

I look up desperately hanging on to whoever held my hand.

"Hold on," a voice assures grasping on to my hand so tight.

The voice seems familiar after it rings through my mind. My legs start to move hapazardly in the air as I hung over the cliff.

Grasping on to the hard, my eyes start to flicker as I look down in shock. My fingers quickly lock over the apex while I cling upwards.

Looking at the density and roughness of the rocks beneath the cliff, my mind starts to wander in fear, but there is nothing left for me in this world.

Even if I return, Bo Mi won't want me in her life. She is the only person who took me in for who I am, but causing her mother to die is unforgivable. I don't know how to face her anymore.

Not only did I deprive her of a father, but now, her mother too died because of me. To save me, both her parents exchanged their lives with mine. I can't even imagine how she'd feel whenever I'm around her.

As long as I disappear from her life, maybe she'll feel at ease. This is the only thing I can do for her.

But the view from down made me tremble in fear. The depth is too high for anyone who jumps off to survive. As I try to untangle the grip, the person hangs on even much tighter, preventing me from falling.

As I look up desperately loosening the grip, cold wind beneath the cliff runs over my body and sends shivers down my spine. I can't help but to close my eyes while breathing heavily.

"Soo Bin and Bo Mi are worried about you! Are you going to do this to them? You need to tackle problems as they come, and not run away as a coward!"

Hearing the names of those who I cherished makes my heart yearn to be with them. I look down in tears realizing that I am being selfish to bring another death in their way. At that moment, I realize I do not wish to fall off anymore.

I hold onto a stone embedded in the cliff with one hand and approve tightly with my other hand. With tears running down my face, I allow the person above me to assist me to get back on the edge.

Slowly with much effort, I manage to get to the edge. Breathing heavily, I stumble back for a moment while wiping my tears.

As I look up to see who woke me up from killing myself, my eyes waver with gratitude.

"Are you okay?" Min Kyu asks while scanning his troubled eyes over me. I squabble in despair before jumping into his arms. My eyes well up with tears again and my body starts to shake lightly from the near death experience.

What was I thinking? I don't want too die like this! I don't have the right to take the life her parents gave me. That is much more unforgivable.

He breaks away from the hug and touches my face with his hands with worry in his eyes.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" He adds before having a look over my arms and my face. I shake my head and look into his troubled eyes. Seeing the sincere concern in them, I feel contended to have found someone who truly cares about me.

Even though I just know him from a few days back, I feel like we have been companions for years. I realize how selfish I am for not considering the feelings of those around me.