👑22| Second death

🌸🌸

In surrender to the anonymity of the recent happenings, the sky settles down and disturbs the serenity in it before. Gathering for nightfall, the atmosphere becomes darker as time passes by.

With baskets in their hands, the tradeswomen rush over towards the crowded area. In order to quench their curiosity, they forget about the approaching dark and walk over in line.

Slowly gathering around from the edges, most step back immediately their eyes set on what lays at the centre of the noisy crowd.

Many reach for their lips when gasps attempt to escape their lips. The few townspeople standing in the middle tend to cry and scream at the top of their lungs with their trembling voices hiding behind each other.

With gasps and whispers, they point their shaky finger at the little boy standing almost dead with battered clothes. After two guards realize the commotion rising in the townsquare, they decide to divide and check the cause. As they assent to their individual duties with nods, they disperse in no time.

Palace guards rush out after hearing the commotion and march line in line directly, along with the other two guards.

Marching with their swords clamping against their bodies, their feet move after the crowd. Just when the townspeople spot the guards moving over guarded, they start to walk back and create space for their heavy movements.

"Move out!"

While my head jerks up towards the townsquare, Min Kyu twirls to me with a silent sigh before he takes off. I dash behind Min Kyu while running to have a look at what has made the town a ruckus.

Running along with him, we get to the ruckus after a few minutes. My legs betray me as I get to the center. Hope rips from my heart when my eyes shrink in fear and curiosity. My breath rate increases drastically making my jaw drop at the sight of a little boy who looks just like me a few years ago.

His face is all wrinkled up exposing his blood stained clenched teeth. His eyes start to hungrily gaze at the people in search for a prey to pounce on.

My mind turns black with horrible life threatening memories and images rushing through my brain. I close my eyes and instinctive put both palms on my ears in order to stop the eerie voices I keep on hearing.

Tears gush through my eyes while I shake my head screaming. "No," I stumble back. While raising one hand unconsciously, my body bumps into someone from behind as I take a few steps back.

Guards immediately surround the boy and point the tip of their swords at him. A wicked smirk forms on his face as he twists his head slowly erupting some creaking sounds. With unimaginable speed, he circles around them in split seconds and slanders each of them before they collapse on the floor dead.

The back up guards writhe in pain seeing their companions lie dead on the floor. Their swords clash against the ground making screeching noises which attracts more fear in the people.

The people resume screaming at the sight while clinging to each other with immense fear written all over their face. Another round of guards followed up while I lie over the wall with a trembling heart.

"Seong Ri....run!", "Eeomoni!", "Aaaah!"

A concurring laughter reeks the serenity of my mind and makes me recall the face of someone laughing in an evil manner. Unable to take the sinister laughter lurking over my mind, my head starts spinning and attracting a migraine in a split second after.

My scream reaches the little boy's ear. He turns to me slowly with his hands shaking. He smiles awkwardly for a moment and moves to me with his hands hanging over his shoulder.