👑49| Flashes

🌸🌸

"I make the call here!"

Ji Min hovers over me quietly as Woo Hyun stands hesitantly beside Sun Hee. He fidgets and fumbles under his breath to utter a word, but his mind prevents him from talking back at Ji Min.

Sun Hee picks up the edge of her robe and bows for a leave when she sees her maids marching over to her.

A light smile exposes at the corner of her mouth while she walks slowly past me.

She turns to Ji Min for the last time with a nod smiling at him. The Crown Prince steps forward and attempts to drag me from there, but Ji Min grabs my hand and pulls me back before he can do so.

"That's good. All the maids here need to go through questioning. Who knows where they come from?"

With these last words, my eyes flicker in curiosity as to why she dislikes me and who this guy is. Why does he want to find out about me?

I've never seen him in the palace before. For what reason does the Crown Prince fear to go against him with his words? I can see the hesitation in his every move as though he's being watched.

Ji Min ignores her comment and crosses his arms while watching me closely. My head starts aching again seeing the look in his eyes. Those eyes feel so fearful and empty, but I can't seem to familiarize myself with it. It just like I know him from somewhere.

Anytime I look into his eyes, it feels as if an earthquake has erupted in my head. Sun Hee rolls her eyes at me before she moves towards her maids.

All I can hear for minutes is the thumps and screams emanating in my head. Screams and cries rampantly dominates the serenity in my mind. Flashes of memories draw into my mind, but there are only blurry images of someone screaming.

"Ji Min-let her go!" Woo Hyun is about to talk when one of his guards walks over to him.

"Your Majesty!"

He throws a signal through his eyes so as to attract less attention from Ji Min. "We have to go now." Woo Hyun looks over me with a sad look while fighting his inner thoughts to leave.

He doesn't have much time to think about what to do. Ji Min lets out a sigh and grabs my hand to pulls me away. Ji Min makes his situation easier as he steps forward and pulls me away towards his chambers. His eyes shudders seeing Ji Min pull me away angrily.

But his legs fail to step forward to stop him from taking me away.

"Woo Hyun!" Moon Bin exclaims and marches over to me to talk to me. When he sees me being dragged by Ji Min, his eyes fall in despair before he turns around to locate the Crown Prince standing by in thoughts.

The guard bows in front of him with a nod, before he leaves. Woo Hyun turns away quietly and marches with his guards towards the meeting room.

He doesn't hear Moon Bin's calls as he thinks about whatever happened. Moon Bin just stands at his spot gathering his thoughts.

Ji Min crosses his legs lazily and watches as his light wounds disappeared gradually leaving no scar.

I stand in front of him in a dark quiet place reeking with a bad eerie. My head is still hurting a lot, but I manage to keep up my stand and look away from his uninterrupted gazes at me.

"So you're Eun Seong Ri. Your name seems quite familiar."

I clasp my palms together while looking down trembling.

I didn't want to look at him. I don't fnow why I have headaches immediately my eyes set on him. His face sort of rings a bell in my head, just like I have seen him before, on a bad day to be specific.