👑53|Truce

🌸🌸

Cold wind blows effortlessly over the woods and takes a toll of its serene atmosphere.

A few strands of my hair loosen across my pale face as heavy thoughts run through my head. The only thing my ears track are the crushing sounds from his quick footsteps out of the entrance towards the inner core of the forest.

Don't think about that! Seong Ri get a hold of yourself!

With a heavy sigh, I begin to stomp my feet quickly towards him. He doesn't stop by, not even once to check if I am behind him or following up. It is as if he doesn't care if I am there or not.

Taking careful glances over the area, a sudden thought hits me. It seem quite familiar, but to be honest too familiar, as if I have been here before.

Each division and path across the lined up trees ring a bell in my head. It was almost as if I have known this place in my lifetime. But what I find amusing is that I have never stepped here, not even when I felt down.

The forest always looked creepy to approach in my eyes so I've never ventured here.

But why does this place feel so familiar?

The townspeople say that the place belonged to someone. This someone was something. He was quite weird to invest his money in such a place. No one dares to come here because of his attitude.

He is one who hates intruders enough to leave secluded all alone in this creepy place. Something big must have happened to him for him to decide to live here alone.

I still remember how the maidens gossip about this whenever they come around the town square.

But one thing that bugs me is what the Crown Prince came here for.

Doesn't he know that this place is out of bounds for intruders? Does he have a death wish?

If that's the case, I don't wanna die here. Should I run off without him?

I'm quite sure he knows the aura of its owner. If not, I don't think he'd come here with me. I don't even know how to defend myself properly.

If he's tired of living, why did he bring me along?

My heart sinks deep at sea when my eyes suddenly trace quick movements behind me. I can feel a silhouette dashing amidst the trees. But anytime I glare around, the noises cease on the spot.

I turn my head swiftly to my left and right, but this time I hear crushing sounds from the bushes again noiser than before.

My hands unconsciously grab the collar of the Crown Prince . I hold on to him tightly as my breath increases rampantly with each passing minute. I close my eyes firmly and continuously shake my head.

Glaring amusingly, his eyebrows furrow curiously while he slowly entangles my hands from his collar. My body shakes in shivers as I feel scared to death.

"What's with you? Stay back!"

I open my shaky eyes slowly and gradually let go off him. He stares right back at me with impatience before he resumes walking away after I fumble to talk.

My lips purse with anxiety.

Why am I the only one hearing voices? Am I hallucinating?

"Your Majesty. I think there's someone here watching us."

He stops walking with my last words while I stand in front of him with a bold expression.

He doesn't talk back. Speak. Nor check why I say that. He only returns a short glare which implies that he doesn't believe me, that I'm hallucinating or pessimistic.