👑27| Near death

🌸🌸

The clouds clash leaving tiny pores for rain droplets. They escape the heavy clouds and pour rampantly and dangerously across the whole street.

Tapping against the glassy streets, a slippery surface moulds out of the continuous running of rainwater. As the rain falls, mud accumulates over the dusty sites inhabiting the various houses.

Tapping the iron roofing, creaking sounds start to evaporate in the atmosphere.

The droplets glide down the sheets while pouring aimlessly on the floor. Cold breeze divulges the atmosphere and make my body shake.

Noticing the heavy rainfall approaching, the townspeople start screaming and covering their heads to keep from being drenched. Those that stay in their stores quickly begin packing out and stacking the exhibition items inside.

As they run helter skelter along the townsquare, many become victims of being tossed aside amidst the game of running for safety. The townsquare becomes heavily drenched and bustling in no time. Running around in circles, the people rush for their homes.

But as they spot me standing by shivering, they pause to find shelter in the stores and turn to me with pointing hands.

As the freezing water hovers over my body, it sends spikes down my spine. My hair gradually becomes drenched to the limit and my hanbok feels amazingly heavy from standing in the pouring rain.

My body shakes persistently while I look up slowly to find uninterrupted gazes from the people to me directly. Feeling to cold, my hands can't help from hugging my body as the rain droplets run down my face from my drenched hair.

The townspeople glare disdainfully at me after murmuring among themselves. When they conclude with their murmurs, they quickly start throwing stones at me.

Before I can protest and move away, a number of stones are directed immediately at me. The rain drops rolls over my face and drenches my hair totally. I can feel my back becoming heavy from the water droplets dripping from my hair into my robe.

"You're a disgrace to the society!" One woman yells before throwing a stone at me. A hit converges over my body as the stones fall on me. Trapping my arms over my body, the stones successfully hit me hard while I try to dodge them after few hits.

Most of the stones fall to the floor around me, but quite a number manage to target me all across my body, especially my feet.

As I feel my closed eyes, my lips part into a silenced wince when a sharp hit falls over my face.

Condensing a hard hit on my forehead, my breath begins to decrease with each passing minute. My body feels weak and my eyes start to blur as the droplets trapped on my eyelids fall over my eyes.

Forcing my eyes open, I can see the world in a different way as the people appear two by two on my eyes. As I stand hopelessly holding on to my bleeding head in pain, the only thing I can hear amidst their yells and insults is my name.

From a distance I see someone waving at me but my eyes fail to see clearly even after lowering my hand from my bleeding spot.

My heart skips a beat each time I glare around with my blurry vision. I manage to touch my forehead although my hands are trembling. But my eyes blink at the result and my fingers start to tremble more.

At the tip of three fingers, my blurry eyes find a smear of blood on them. This is when I realize that my head is bleeding from the hit before. My fingers has been stained with my own blood which obviously emerged from my forehead.