👑28| Left behind

🌸🌸

"Omma," I cry but my eyes waver seeing her eyes are filled with rage and pure hatred as she stares at me angrily with those eyes.

"Isn't it already enough that you killed my husband. How you want to taint my name too huh?" She screams before slapping me again.

I sob silently as she drags me over the floor all the way from the door of the house. Pulling out a knife, she points it at my neck with a daring look. My eyes tremble at the new person in front of me.

  No matter how angry she was at me, she'd slap me, beat me up, or insult me, but never did she threaten to slit my throat.

"You're surprised—you think I'd let you destroy my family left and sit there watching you! I won't. You better get out of here before I do something to you!"

  Without waiting for me to stand properly, she grabs me by my arm and pushes me towards the wooden fence in anger. Confused and hesitant, my body fumbles over the hard wood of the fence guarding the house.

It breaks down due to the force my body hits it with. Collapsing, the fence breaks down from where I fell towards the unharmed ones. Within a few seconds, everything crumbles down completely. The noise from the crumbling lurks in the air as she stands by the door in fury.

Unfazed, she bashes the door open and turns her back on me when she receives no intention of me leaving. Fuming with anger,  she runs into the house in a haste towards my room.

Dragging all my clothes, she dumps them in a bag and returns from the entrance with a small bag hanging over her hands. At the edge of the bag, I can see a few robes and hanboks of mine.

My eyes shudder as I feel a prick on my arm locked in between the broken wood. The fence crumbles down completely in several pieces spreading over the floor where I am. She hurls the bag over my head making my robes fall out all over me.

  I feel the fabric wrap over my head and legs, covering almost my whole body. Going back in, she picks up all my shoes and accessories and dumps them at me. Unprepared, my arms unconsciously shield my eyes from the approaching things.

As I open my eyes slowly, she throws my hairpin at me too and turns around while her eyes order Bo Mi to stay put of it. I fall backwards as I try to get up when some of the broken woods prick my skin.

I writhe in pain while examining the extent of my fall. Bo Mi scurries to help me stand up.

  "Are you okay? What happened to your head?" She asks before touching my forehead. I hold her hand and shake my head while smiling at her.

"Don't worry about me. Take care of omma okay?" Realizing what was going on from my scattered things,  she cries and throws her arms around me to hug me shaking her head.

"I'll talk to her—she can't do this. Where are you going to stay?"

Looking up into her eyes, my eyes flicker in silence. As I think back at her question, I realize that she is right.

I have no idea where I am going to stay. I don't even know where I came from, but if that is going to make her happy and clear her off any mistakes I have made, I will gladly leave the house.

  She never threatens to kill me till date and she might get out of hand if I continue to stay here.

Turning away, I remain silent and  move over to my things and pick them up one by one with her help.

"Don't worry about that. Just promise me you'll take care of her." She looks back sadly into my eyes with a silent nod.

"Seong Ri!" Soo Bin yells before pausing in front of the house. Behind her, Min Kyu walks slowly along with her towards our house. My eyes widen seeing him again with Soo Bin approaching us. Biting my lips, I quickly drop one of my hanboks into the bag and proceed packing.