👑5| Shaky Courage

🌸🌸

Dragging by body over a wall, I look away crumpling my hanbok with my fingers. I had recognized him now. This was the perfect chance to demand for my necklace. I have to get it by all means. After all, it's the only thing I had on me when I was found by Bo Mi's abeoji.

I bite my lips and peep from behind once again to check if he was still coming. A sigh leaves my lips when I see him approaching from where I stood. Fortunately, he didn't curve through the other direction. Taking a deep breath, my eyes close firmly. When I peep over the wall again, I could see four guards standing right behind him.

Wearing a distraction, that of course a blue hanbok, I lift the hat up so that I could see much better. There was no turning back.

I had to do this no matter what. Curling my tongue, I adjust the gat a bit downwards to hide my face. But just as I lift my head to assure myself, my eyes start to waver seeing the badge of the royal palace on the guards

"Imperial guards?"

My back falls against the wall when a sudden realization hits me. Imperial guards? They know me quite well due to the illegal tutoring I've been doing for years. I would just be jumping into a fire by approaching them. But how would I demand for my necklace without approaching him?

After looking around in desperation, my head jerks up when the guards around him stop when he moves further into the townsquare. Only one of them still keeps up. Glaring critically at him, I recognize him too. He was the guy with him the last time. Luckily, he doesn't seem to be an exterior palace guard.

I pout confused and reluctant to lift my feet and walk towards them. Taking a deep breath, I crease my hanbok tightly with my fingers and fix the hat over my head properly.

"I won't spare him today."

Smiling mischievously, I loosen my grip on my hanbok and step forward once. With another I took another step forward, I lift my other leg and stop at the next step. A sudden brush over my body makes me stumble back and dangle over the floor on my toes.

"Aishh," I curse under my breath while turning around to check whoever it was. Due to the bustling crowd, finding the person was very difficult. Sighing, I drop my hands beside me and look up again.

With each step, I feel a strong desire to move back, but the crowd doesn't give me an opportunity to go back. Pushing myself along the townspeople, I walk around to him quickly.

Pausing a few metres from him, my eyes open pretty determined to move ahead. I gaze at him from afar and spot the other guard walking sideways with him. Smiling, I see the remaining guards standing far away. Escaping when things go wrong will surely be a piece of cake.

I can totally handle just two people. With my lips folded, I start taking quick steps ahead without stopping for a second. When I almost reach a step to him, I couldn't bring myself to look up and face him.

My heart begins beating irregularly thumping hard in my chest. I pause and stare at him numb on my feet and hands. Noticing an immobile person blocking his way, he stops on his tracks abruptly and returns a curious look at me.

Throwing his eyes over me from top to bottom, he rolls his eyes after looking away. Within a second, he attempts to get away. But with each step he takes, I step in front of him and stretch my left hand.

The crevices of the guard's eyebrows standing beside him also curve at my attitude. I take a step closer to him but he quickly takes another step back after. Widening his eyes, his lips part reluctantly.

I hesitantly lift my hat a bit to be able to look at him in the eyes simultaneously when I twist my eyebrows and clench my fist angrily. He raises his eyes wondering why I was blocking his way. Clearing my throat for my grand speech, I cross my arms and lift my head slowly.