👑15| Revelations

🌸🌸

Just along the entrance of the house, my head sways backwards when I feel a sudden slap on my face. Glaring with a chill running down my spine, my hands move up towards my cheeks which flush anxiously.

"You're a curse," omma screams at me with her eyes bleeding with fury. As she raises her hand at me, Bo Mi's lips hesitate to keep seal after realizing the intensity of the situation. When her hands attempt to hold her back, her mother returns a shocked expression.

Tears gush through my eyes as I feel the hard ringing of the slap on my face. Even after passing my fingers over my hurting cheeks, each tap makes my jaw hurt too.

"Omma," I try to speak but she cuts me off with her accusing hand pointing at me.

"-I'm not your mom! You're just a stranger for whom my husband died for. I told you to find a job. But all you do is walking around lazily!"

As I raise my trembling eyes, sobs continuously leave my teary eyes. Even though this wasn't her first time treating me like this, the little hope I have left diminishes each time she does so. While looking at her in reluctance, Bo Mi quickly rushes to stand by her mother.

"I'm trying but-"

Before I can complete my explanation, she grabs my hair tightly and pulls me into the house.A sudden shiver runs down my spine after she grabs the film of my hair. Hurting, my eyes close in pain.

"Omma, please let her go." As though she wasn't present, she drags me along the stairs and ignores her consistent pleas. My hands move up towards my hair when I try to loosen her grip on my hair. The pain was too unbearable to take the more she pulled me without taking a break.

Pleading to let go, she never listens and even makes me suffer more by grabbing my hand too. At this juncture in my life, nothing goes well for me, not even in my home. A sharp pains pulls through my head when she drags me to the centre of the house. Her grip in my hair feels as if my hair is being ripped out of my head.

"Please, omma. You're hurting me," I cry. But she forcefully makes me walk behind her while she drags me to the center of the house.

"Omma!" Bo Mi yells when she sees how mom has tightly got a hold of my hair. Unable to ignore our pleas any longer, she quickly unleashes her tight grasp on my hair and throws me on to a pile of glass bowls. Turns to Bo Mi, she retorts, "What? You still want to defend this girl? She's not even your sister! Your dad died because of her."

Falling against the glassy floor, my body forcefully jerks up as I wince in pain whdn the broken pieces of glass pierce through my skin, especially at my bare back. Sobs take over my breaths while I look at the shards cling deep into my skin.

I could still feel the pain when I try to pluck the shards out one by one. Closing my eyes, tears fill up and run down my cheeks soaking my dry eyelids.

Noticing my body picking up the shards, she quickly stares at me all over in tears with apologetic eyes and rushes to me quickly, "I know...but it's not her fault. Why don't you want to accept that?"

"I won't! If she wants to live here, she'll do as I say and stop being a freeloader here." She screams. Throwing her hands beside her in anger, she storms out through the main door.

I cry as I watch her storm out. When Bo Mi sees me struggling to get on my feet, she bends over to help me. I feel as if my life had been ripped out of my chest while I stand up. Covered in blood and bruises from everyday beatings I received from her, I didn't want Bo Mi to see them. I swiftly drag my torn sleeves down to hide the bruises on my lower arm.