👑29| Despair

🌸🌸

My eyes catch my house burning immensely after I step into it from the broken fence. Heavy smoke from the house burning escapes through the air and dives straight into the atmosphere.

My heart starts to thump vigorously in my chest wanting to explode. Standing outside by the fence, my breath races as my hands drop behind me.

For the first time in my life, I knew what to do but didn't know how to approach my fear. Fumbling under my breath, I bash the fence door down and rush into the house. The blaze over the burning house throws me behind when I attempt to run in.

 Falling against the hard floor, my body starts to heat up from the hot atmosphere created by the smoke. As a result of the blast, I find it difficult to get back on my feet. My hands grasp my robe while I try to get back on my feet.

Amidst several tries, I manage to stand just as the fire begins intensifying with a rush of wind from the townsquare.

"Bo Mi! Mom!" I yell before running towards the house. After taking a step closer, the heat emitting from the blaze bumps me against the floor again in a thud. As I try to adjust my hands and stand up, I hear a loud call-out.

  "Aaah!" Standing under hesitation, I begin to hear more screams from the house. The immense force from the blaze furnace throws omma and Bo Mi from the house on the floor harshly. I get up immediately after seeing them and struggle to run towards them with my strength left.

  After several crawling over the floor, I find them lying over the grass rolling in pain from the hit. Their faces have  a bit of changes from a few minutes ago, but I can still recognize them in this state.

  Thick black smoke from the fire had blackened and changed their appearance almost totally. I can only see their eyes from their faces.  covered with smoke.

  While hovering my arm over my mouth as I cough from inhaling the smoke, I see mom clinging on to a bag loaded with a few of her things she managed to grab before the fire became fierce.

Noticing the thick black smoke running into the skies, the townspeople turn and point to that direction amidst murmurs. Within a few minutes, they gather around and follow the direction of the dark smoke.

People begin to gather slowly around our house after successfully tracing the source of black smoke. Standing with their baskets and items in their hands, they stare blankly while screaming at the intensity of the fire.

  They begin to call out to the other neighbors for help when their eyes see the extent of the fire which is catching up to the main door. Turning around, I sob while hugging Bo Mi. Mom stands up with her shaking legs and runs as much as she can to fetch water from the back with a bucket she finds at the backyard.

   Ignoring the risk and impossible state of the house, she stumbles back in tears and pours water over the house. As the fire sprouts and spreads quickly, she starts to run over to the back to fetch more water.

My eyes turn to her sadly as she tries to stop the fire on her own. The townspeople gather around slowly, and when I think they are coming to help, all they do is to stand by and watch in whispers.

"Isn't that Yi San's house? How did it catch on fire?"  One of them asks after covering her mouth.

"I'm sure it's because of that girl she adopted! Misfortunes followed her since, and now her house too!"

  The other townspeople begin to gasp in shock while covering their mouths to hide their surprise.

  "Looking at her makes me sad. Where will she stay now? Her items has not been in prosperous sale for about fifteen years now."