👑57| Truth

🌸🌸

  An eerie silence runs in the cold wind as darkness draws in the clouds. The thick black clouds merge one at a time and unintentionally calls for darkness as night approaches over the sky. The sun sets towards the east decreasing the brightness from few hours back.

  The dim orange light emanating from the sun covers the atmosphere brightening up the darkness approaching.

   My hands drop from her cheeks when I see who she is pointing at. Turning back to the little girl, my heart skips a beat as to how she looks at him. There is so much love and care in them, as if he is her father or someone very close to him.

  This hits a soft spot on me as I didn't see the same expression on the Crown Prince's face when he saw him. How is he related to both of them?

I have never really heard the townspeople saying that the Crown Prince has a father who isn't a king, but his assistant to the throne.

 Whoever he is, my gut instinct tells me not to ever get close to him. I don't know who he is, but there is something about him that makes me really scared.

He has a weird aura around him similar to Min Kyu too.

What I'll concentrate on is finding the Crown Princess and find out what happened to eomoni and Soo Bin. Only then my conscience will be at peace.

  "Seong Ri. We have to go now." Min Kyung turns back to me when she recognizes the impatient look in the other maids' eyes. It is enough to tell her everything.

  I squat in front of the little girl and tap my fingers on her head with a quiet smile.

"I have to go, but be careful around here okay?"

She twirls slowly to the man who has began walking into his chambers, then her eyes fall back at me.

Without wasting more time, I get back on my feet and walk quietly with Min Kyung back to the maids chambers.

 Noises greet Moon Bin and Woo Hyun as they make their way into the meeting room. A large table is set in the middle of the room with ten short chairs sitting opposite it. There is a larger chair sitting at the table's width, with a few documents lying side by side.

  Their attention is quickly taken when they hear him clear his throat as he stands by the door looking at each Minister one by one.

"Your Majesty!" They yell after getting on their feet with a graceful bow.

  He folds his lips and doesn't respond quiet fast to their greeting.

"You weren't called to gossip. There's a major problem at hand."

They let out angry grunts while looking at each other in awe.

 "Since you're quiet now, we can talk about the matters at hand."

Crossing his arms in silence, he pulls a seat for himself and Moon Bin marches to stand by him before looking down.

Minister Kim stands up with a confident glare at his ministers from the Soron Faction.

  Clearing his throat, he passes a document to him. He steps back with a bow in wait for the Crown Prince to read his contribution.

Woo Hyun glares at all of them before he decides to pick it up with his four fingers and glance through carefully, but he is forced to raise his head at their discussion in between his reading.