👑| Epilogue

🌸🌸

Loud talks take over the silence in the atmosphere as the sun rises from the west. Birds chirp playfully over the skies before settling on the trees in the palace.

Only a few trees are left without company, but instead accompanied by tons of maids gathering flowers and wine pots in their hands. Giggles and laughs escape their lips as they see two guards stretching their necks to spy on them.

"See their faces! Let's surprise them!" one of the maids rattle as she picks a pot of wine from the table under the bamboo tree standing in the centre, staring the palace as a tea place.

The others nod after stealing short glances at two guards positioned at the entrance to the main chambers. With mischief crawling over their faces, each one picks one pot of wine before starting to walk towards the guards.

They turn their heads away immediately the others see them approaching as if they are not looking at the maids. Within a few seconds, the maids march to the exit while one steps up to one to each of the guards with a smile.

With head gats shaking over their heads from turning away quickly, the maids chuckle and wave a pot of wine in the air. The two guards who pretend not to notice her presence lift their heads immediately they see the pot of wine from the corner of their eyes.

Hesitating to take it from her, she smiles and puts it beside her pouting her lips.

"I received this gift from a friend but I don't think I can drink it by myself. If only someone will join me-"

"-I will!" both of the guards yell unintentionally retorting together. Their voices reflect in sequence answering her even before she can ask. With a beaming smile drawing over her lips, she jumps and hugs both of them, wiping her fake tears.

They stumble back with her sudden weight while adjusting their swords in place. Looking around to check if someone saw them, they turn back to her. She keeps blinking her eyes with a pout on her lips.

"What if we celebrate first? It tastes best in the morning! I promise!" The two guards gulp spying on the pot of wine in her hands. Checking again to make sure their actions are not revealed to anyone, they turn to her with a nod.

Before they can talk further, she grabs both of them by the hand and drags them to the tea spot.

She puts them in seats forcefully before she takes a seat opposite them. Smiling happily, she picks three cups from the table and begins to pour the wine in all of them one by one.

As she pours the wine, the two guards rub their palms together letting out joyful gasps. Crossing their legs under the table, they pick up separate cups and dump the first round in their mouths.

With a short grunt from the toast, they push their cups for another round. She stares at them before she pours another round for them and they gulp in seconds, repeating the same practice for minutes.

The cups fall out of their hands on the tenth round as their eyes threaten to close anytime soon. Their heads slowly thumps against the table with their hands after a few seconds. Her eyes flicker seeing them drunk over a few drinks. They start to snore in no time deep in sleep.

Turning around to the maid's standing a few metres at her waving, she nods and gets up to pick their tokens one by one. She picks a brush from her robe and takes off their hats to draw funny characters on their faces.

Satisfied with her horrifying imagination, she steps back and giggles before running off with the other maids. They continue walking along the hall way as several guards rush to make preparations.