👑56| Recalls

🌸🌸

  The sullen noisy screams engulf the atmosphere. The townspeople murmur harshly holding on to their food wares in awe as they stare at the lifeless body of a young woman in the middle of the streets.

   "What happened to the poor girl?!" Each person exchanges confused looks at each other with faces of curiosity and sorrow. More rush to hover over the body with their baskets still holding them.

   "Aigoo! There's no blood too—look over her neck."

Some nod in affirmation to her statement after taking short glances at the body. Their horrified glares are taken after with heavy approaching footsteps from the palace gate.

   Moon Bin swings his body hastily down his horse and rushes towards the crowd. A few guards hold their swords in position while guarding the Crown Prince.

He steps down from his horse too and stuffs his sword to the horse back, before walking slowly towards the crowd.

  "Was it a vampire?"

One of them asks while crumpling her body in her arms as she turns to her companion who's horrified look clarifies her questionable glare. No one is willing to move away as the guards hover over the body before pushing them away.

  Moon Bin twirls his body in between the crowd and manages to get to the edge until a body exposes before his eyes, a young woman he had seen before—but not me.

   "Moon Bin." Woo Hyun exclaims and stops his tracks by the dead body.

"I know that young woman. She's the daughter of Ms Shin Hye."

A loud gasp escapes the shut lips of the people when some others nodded in shock remembering her face.

 "It's true! But what happened to her?" All those gathered stare at the dead body blankly shaking their heads as they are terrified to think of the cause as that of a vampire.

  A terrifying look overcomes Moon Bin's face as he continuously glares at her.

"Woo Hyun." He mutters sadly after clenching his fists. Woo Hyun sighs with his lips pursing slowly.

"Ji Min—did this. But why did he leave her here in the open?"

  His eyebrows furrow unconsciously while an average young woman rushes to the scene in tears accompanied by another woman.

"She's Seong Ri's friend."

 The woman pushes the people in her way aside as she makes her way towards the dead body.

"Soo Bin!" She cries while throwing the body in her arms. Her lifeless head lays on her arms as her tears drops on the body. She tries to shake the body to life, but she is dead and will not return no matter how much she does.

  Bo Mi stands speechless beside Ms Shin Hye while she wails sorrowfully on her only daughter who lays dead in her arms. Nothing can bring her back to life. She was dead even before she can start working in the palace.

 "Where's she then?"

Shin Hye cuddles her face silently and weeps for a long time and earns sad gazes from the people.

"There's a bite on her neck too. Look over there." Horrified gasps fill the air as people take steps back scared for their lives but a few step forward to check up on what they concluded on as the cause of death.

  My wet eyes stare unconsciously at Soo Bin while she lays dead on the floor. I had seen her a few minutes after Soo Bin's mother showed up, but I couldn't move. I feel too shocked and devastated to look back any longer.