👑10| Compensation

🌸🌸

Dragging my knees to plead for my freedom, Moon Bin marches in front behind with his guards. Armed to the teeth, the clinking sounds from their swords erupt the silence. He stops by the entrance making his guards pause too. Looking down, desperation takes over my desire to keep my pride.

I nod and fumble under my breath when he stops walking. Standing two feet from me, he twirls on a foot and returns a curious glance at me. Moon Bin on the other hand remains unsettled hesitating to speak.

"You'll do anything?" he asks as his eyebrows twitch quietly with amusement. There was no escape route from this. Either I would be beheaded or sold out as a slave. Both were miserable ends for me. I still had lot of unsettled issues to work on.

I have no other choice but to accept whatever condition he had to spare me. Looking down desperately I stare at him with a quick nod.

"Come with me."

My head jerks up from surprise with his swift change of mind. Wondering what he wanted to make me do, I remain on the floor kneeling for a few seconds more. A quick sword unleashing makes me stand up on my feet by force. Just as I lift my head, I find two guards holding a sword at my back.

"Seo Dal!" Moon Bin warns. The guard quickly bows and drops his sword. Directing me with his eyes, my lips purse. I swiftly get back on my feet and rush after the Crown Prince. Moon Bin sighs and walks along with me. As I march behind him, my eyes locate a few consistent gazes around me

Palace maids moving along the hallways stare at me while I moved along with the Crown Prince.

"Who's she?" Shrugging, the others keep glaring at me until we are out of sight. The Crown Prince marches swiftly into a room a few blocks from the dungeon. Looking at the designs and divisions across the room, I can deduce that this is the palace library. This library is probably not for ordinary books but important information on royals regarding their reign.

Each shelf houses a lot of old books, probably about the ancient kings and ancestry. Most of them seems dusty even from afar. No one needs to tell you that it has been abandoned for a long time.

But walking along one shelf after another dragged by chains are not something pleasant to be in. What makes me more curious is why he brings me here. How can a pile of old dusty books get me my freedom.

There's surely something fishy here. Was he going to make me clean here or someone's hidden here? Was I going to take care of a special prisoner? Or is he going to make me kill someone?

Just with those measly thoughts, a chill runs down my spine. I shake my head and walk along with them.

My thoughts seem to stop as I hear his voice in my ears. But this time, they are not as harsh as before. He stands by a long shelf with a scroll in his hands. Monitoring the confused expression in my eyes, he throws the scroll at me. I jump quickly to catch it in the air but the chains prevent me from grasping it properly.

I do not know how I get hold of the scroll, but I do after several tossing in the air. But it slips the minute I get hold of it and falls on the floor. Dragging my body towards the scroll in the floor, I pull it over and wriggle beneath the chains to roll it down. When I look at it for the first time, I realize the quality of the scroll is deteriorating as I see a lot of creases and torn edges.

Moon Bin steps in from the back and looks around for us with his sword clinging to his side. Raising his head when he hears approaching steps, he moves his attention to the guards standing at the door.

"You can leave," he exclaims. The guards standing by the door bow and turn around to leave at his request. He turns back to me and throws another scroll at me.