1

Date created: 03/23/21

Date Finished: 03/24/21

Author's Notes: This chapter may seem a little rushed and slow build-up. But the next chapter will start to get to the point!-

Warnings: Possible mentions of triggering scenes such as depression, gore, and death.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Three years have passed since that dreadful day. Sorano remembered waking up to the light of dawn. She was confused about what happened. Slowly getting up, only for her to fall back down from how numb her body was. But she remembered feeling... Different?

As she glanced around. The body of the older man was gone, and she was on the forest floor. She looked down at herself to see why her body felt as such. But only to gasp at the sight of her nails. They were long and sharp, much like claws. Her skin was much paler than before. What had the curse done to her?

Despite her body refusing to move, she forced herself anyways, crawling to a nearby river. Once she reached the water of the river, she looked at herself only to fling back in pure terror.

Her eyes did not have the same round pupils. But slit ones, much like a venomous snake. Her face was littered with small patches of scales. Two fangs were barely poking out from under her lip. Even her once dark hair had turned into a white shade of blonde.

She was not human anymore. She was a monster, a curse. That curse of a man she met those years ago was a curse and passed on his energy to her. She wished she would have a little mercy to know what he said. If it weren't for her rage, she wouldn't be the very thing she killed for.

And since then, she found herself to be immortal, so to speak. She tried to kill herself, but her body would not allow it. She even stood in front of blood-thirsty curses to be killed, allowing them to attack her freely. But every wound they gave only healed in a matter of seconds. She could not be killed. Not only that, but her body seemed to stop aging.

Despite the hate she held for herself, she slowly came to accept herself as the years passed. She was bound to do some good in this world. She wasn't going to let this cruelty continue. She was going to break the corruption of the greedy and selfish. She was going to outdo the so-called sorcerors who refused her. She was going to fight the order the world has placed with every fiber of her body. 

That was the promise she made herself, and since then, she stood by her word.

She had traveled to many villages that sought help to rid the curses, where sorcerors failed to do their job. Killing the curses that dared bring terror to people. She even went as far as to help people from other people. Of course, many discarded her kindness since she was a curse as well. But it didn't bother her.

She couldn't bring herself to be angry with them, hurt? Yes, but for she understood their disgust, their hate for her. She continued on no matter. Now and then, she does wonder what it would feel like to have kindness shown to her...so she began to disguise herself—wearing a hood to hide her inhuman appearance.

Currently, she traveled to a large village where rumors spoke of curses causing chaos, making people give them sacrifices to ease them. How disgusting curses were.

Sorano glanced around as she entered the market. The people seemed so lifeless...the area was extensive, yet only a few stands were occupied.  She pitied people like these. The village seemed to thrive wildly once but now almost a ghost town. Many were hiding away in homes, she guessed.