5

Date created: 03/27/21

Date Finished: 03/29/21

Author's Notes: This chapter may seem short and rushed. It will also be in kid Sukuna's pov again for most of the chapter.

Warnings: None

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

A month has passed since Sorano appeared in Mei's and Ryomen's lives. Sorano had nonstop blessed the two with her mysterious ways.

Sukuna grew very close to the woman during her time with them. He would often stay up to help her when she went out. They spent some nights just talking about any and everything they could think of. She had even gone as far as to play swords with him, helping him learn proper swordsmanship the best to her own knowledge.

But one thing was... he was still confused about how she did all the work she has done from repairing the house to plowing a small field in the open area feet. Not to mention all this was done in the dead of night, his mother asleep. It seems like the work was... magically done?

He could remember helping her with the repairs to the house. He would getch something but only to come back to the job already done... Most of the supplies not even used?  He wondered how it was possible.

That was until one night. He had woken up suddenly, a strange feeling dancing in his chest. He knew it was midnight from the position of the full moon that shone outside of the window. Shining brightly above. He knew Sorano would be up doing whatever else she thought was needed.

Sukuna quickly crawled out of his bed- Which Sorano had built for him weeks ago, and carried through the living room to the door. Quietly opening the door and made his way outside. He was a bit happy that his mother also had her own room. So he wouldn't risk as much in sneaking out.

Luckily he did not have to hunt for the white-haired woman this time. He saw her sitting by the freshly tilled soil of the field. Her shoulders moving ever so slightly. Telling him that she was doing something with her hands.

But there was a dim light coming from in front of her. It couldn't be the moon's light...it was much bluer. With curiosity, Sukuna tiptoed closer to the woman. Trying to peek around her without her noticing. Once he was a few feet away...he swore he saw some flames dancing around her hands...blue flames.

He was going to take another step until he accidentally stepped on a twig. Causing Sorano to flinch in fright.

She quickly turned around with panicked, but immediately calmed when she noticed it was him.

"Ryomen...you scared me. I was sure you were asleep this time," She hummed, but there was a hint of nervousness in her tone.

Sukuna pouted that he was caught so soon before he could fully see what she was doing. He took her words as an invitation to sit next to her. Stirring at the soil in front of him.

The light was gone...so was she the one producing it? He glanced over at the woman, who was also looking down at the ground.

"Sorano, do you ever sleep?" He asked, he always wondered. He knew she spends most of the night helping him and his mother. But he had never seen her lay down and actually sleep.

A small chuckle came from her, lifting her hooded face. "I do, but rarely. Since I lost my family. I haven't been able to sleep properly. My body now doesn't seem to need it as much..." She said softly.

That's right...he remembers her telling her mother she once had a husband and son. But they were taken from her like how his father was taken from him.

"...We could be your new family? Then maybe you can sleep! And we could always help each other!" He said excitedly as he jumped to his feet and raised a hand.

Truth be told that he didn't want her to leave. He knew that one day she would have to... The same thought ram through Sorano's mind... She had grown very attached to these two. She couldn't just leave them so easily.

Sukuna's eyes widened slightly when he saw her lips curve into a smile. A thin wet streak running down her face. He was about to apologize for making her sad. But then she quickly pulled him to her and hugged him.

"You are too kind, Ryomen...I would love that if you and your mother allowed it," she said softly.

Ryomen's cheeks were dusted with red at the sudden hug, but he couldn't help but return it. Sitting on the woman's lap and wrapping his arms around her.

"Mama would allow it! She likes you very much. Like a sister! She smiles more since you came. I don't hear her cry at night like before. I'm pleased that you came into our lives, Sorano".

The two stayed silent for a long time. Just sitting in each other's presence and watching the night sky. They had done this many times before. Sorano had shown him the constellations that she knew and what they meant.

Sukuna felt as he could fall asleep in her arms. His eyes growing heavy, especially when Sorano began gently rubbing his back as if he was her child.

Sukuna was feeling attached to the woman, almost a motherly feeling? But something more than what he felt with his own mother... He couldn't explain it.

"Sorano..." He mumbled tiredly. He still wanted to know more about her... More so of her abilities.

"Yes, Ryomen?" She replied, looking down at the tired boy.

"Are you a... sorcerer?" He asked, his eyes slowly closing. To Sorano's luck...he fell asleep.

But it didn't help Sorano's racing kind. Why did he ask that?...did he know? Is he that observant? A small sigh escapes her lips. She hated to hide such a thing...but she wasn't human anymore. She was fearful that they would become scared of her... after all, she looked like a monster.

Sorano looked up to the full moon. She hoped that he would not pry into the subject... But children were very curious creatures that wanted to know what they don't.

Maybe one day she will tell them...but as of now, her fear was stopping her.

Sorano shook the thoughts away, gently picking Ryomen up in her arms, and walked back to the house. She proceeded to his room and laid him in the bed she provided for him. Taking the blankets and tucking him in.

"Sweet dreams, little Ryomen..."