6

Date created: 03/29/21

Date Finished: 03/31/21

Author's Notes: I know the beginning is slooowww as hell and whatnot. But starting from this chapter, we will be getting the main point hopefully- Ya know how stories can be. You have everything planned, but as you start writing...well, it just doesn't go as planned-.

Warnings: Mentions of beginning violence

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

After Sorano placed Ryomen in his bed, she walked back into the living room, taking a seat in the chair close to the fire she kept going. Just staring into the flickering flames. She never needed to sleep since she was turned into a curse.

But tonight, after her time with Ryomen... Her eyes were growing heavy for the first time in years. Maybe Ryomen had a good idea... If they accepted her as family, allowing her to stay with them... She could finally be at peace? Allow her restless mind to be at ease?. Maybe the world finally pitied her and freed her from its torture.

She could only hope... But good things never last.

~

Sorano was woken from her much-needed sleep by the sounds of voices. Her eyes slowly fluttered opened to see the fire had died out...

But now, the voices were louder. Turning her head, she saw Ryomen carrying wood for the fire and Mei in the kitchen preparing food.

Ryomen smiled brightly when he noticed Sorano awake. Putting the wood in the fireplace before turning towards her.

"You finally slept!" He grinned, which only caused her to smile back.

"It seems so. You helped me do so," she said, getting up from the chair. Oh... She should not have slept in the chair. Now her back was stiffed.

Mei chuckled at her seeing how Sorano rubbed at her back.

"You know, chairs don't make comfortable beds. It can make you sore in the mornings."

Sorano gave her a small pout through under her hood. "I realize that now..."

Mei only smiled, walking over to her with a cup in her hand. "Here, drink this. I made it when I saw you sleeping there. I had a hint that you would be stiff."

Sorano took the cup from her and thanked her. It looked like some tea. She took a sip only to cringe a little at its bitter taste.

Mei giggled at her expression. "It is a little bitter. It's a herbal tea made from herbs used for relaxation. I added other herbs to help with any pain".

"Thank you, Mei. It is... Different taste, but I will drink it," Sorano replied, quickly trying to consume the tea to end the bitterness.

In the meantime, Ryomen had started the fire once more. Setting up a pot with water.

"Mama said we would have slow-cooked stew for dinner and left me in charge of watching it!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Mei smiled and carried a plate of vegetables and meat to the pot. Carefully pushing them into the water. "Yes, it will take a few hours. But I told him that he could add the herbs and seasoning in"

Sorano smiled at the boy. "Oh? Then with you in charge. I'm sure it will turn out to be the best stew in the world".

Ryomen froze when she said that, giving her a look of wonder and curiosity. "You think so?" He asked.