24

Date created: 12/28/21

Date Finished: 12/28/21

Author's Notes: I'm on a roll! >:D

Warnings: A little mature content at the end of the chapter.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Two weeks have passed since Sukuna left and allowed her to return home. Two long weeks since she began restoring the village. After the night, Uraume offered to keep watch during the night, and no curse dared to come near her home. The village felt safe once more.

The remaining villagers have returned to their abandoned homes. The ones who fled have even returned. Offering their most profound apologies for leaving like cowards. Children ran around the temple once more, the roads slowly being filled with people and wagons. It brought great joy to her heart, but there was still one downfall. The question of why Sukuna has spared her from death. The sudden bonding between the two powerful curses. They began questioning her kind intentions for the humans she housed, clothed, and fed.

Despite Sukuna dispreading life so easily, she never did, and she would never for the innocent. She would....no she will bring back the old Ryomen. They will create a better world.

This day, two weeks later. Her work was done for the village as it flourished once more. As if nothing ever happened, it even seemed busier than before. Men from before had returned and began their sorcery training, the farmers tended to the fields and livestock, and the women created many crafts as they helped with the children. All the while, Sorano sat in the renewed gardens of the temple, helping the older children learn to read. She was reading them a story, a story of a mighty warrior who protected his beloved kingdom from a furious beast.

The children seemed to love the story. The boys stand to act like the warrior, the girls as the villagers and noblewomen. It was a beautiful site in Sorano. Uraume wasn't far, standing in the shade of one of the many pillars of the temple. Watching her closely, clearly frowning when the children would interrupt her or touch her without permission. But then a faint smile would spread across his lips when she would care for them, providing them with hugs and comfort. She was a motherly figure.

In the beginning, he was cold and dissent, nearly hissing when the children went near him. Especially when they would touch him. But after a long week of enduring the same actions, Sorano had noticed he was warming up to them. Acting a silent and distant protector of them. He denies it with every fiber of his being, but he could not hide it from her.

"In the modest battle, the warrior and his loyal friends were able to fiend the beast back against the high walls of the city. The warrior took this chance to climb the wall until he was right above it. With the last of his strength, the warrior jumped down with his great sword pointing downwards. As he landed on the beast's back, he plunged his blade into its back. Allowing the blade to pierce its large beating heart from behind. The beast bucked and raged in its dying moments. In hopes to kill the warrior along with it, but could not fulfill its dying wish as its body slowed until it dropped onto the ground, its last breath spilling from its lungs. People emerged from their homes when the beast's roaring came to a stop, seeing that it was slain. The people cheered loudly for the warrior and his company. Quick to throw a mighty celebration for them."