14

Date created: 04/18/21

Date Finished: 04/19/21

Author's Notes: Now, we are starting to get to the really good parts 👀. Also, this chapter may be shorter than the others. Annnndddd- I suck at writing fight scenes. So Admin-chan gives y'all permission to laugh and cringe u.u

Warnings: Mentions of triggering scenes such as swearing, violence, death, and possible gore.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Sukuna tilted his head as he finished killing the last human of a village he was currently in. Where a group of sorcerers resides, he was growing tired of these sorcerers. Many have been sprawled out lately. But the feeling of their blood on his body made him feel good, like a temporary high.

But he finally knew where they came from. They were ordered by the curse known as the white dragon. Hilarious right? A curse leading human sorcerers? To protect more humans from curses? What logic was this?

He has seen this white curse before... A large beast it was. He just happened to pass by when it's sights were set in a village. He was walking along a path on a mountain, the village in the valley of the mountain range.

He minded his own business for once, leaving the poor village alone until an ear-piercing roar was heard. He turned his head to see the white beast soaring towards the village. It's body showing nothing but rage. Never had he seen a beast like it, only in tales mortals sprouted.

But there was one in the flesh, raining blue fire down upon the village in pure, mysterious anger. It circled a few times, repeating the motions until it dived down and landed in the center of the village.

He was a good distance away, unable to see what the beast was doing, but it lowered itself to something. Then it picked up a small object and took off in the sky, disappearing behind the mountains. Sukuna was able to catch a glimpse of a child in its hand.  

Sukuna was confused as well as amazed. He wanted to know more about the beast. It's blue fire reminded him of her how her curse energy was a brilliant shade of blue.

After she was gone, taken brutally from him, he becomes the very thing she fought to defeat. He annihilated all those who stained themselves with blood and sins. No mercy till he painted everything red in the name of his love. But he began to lose himself... Reverting to killing those she sought to protect. He created beautiful piles of bones and flesh beneath his feet. But nothing can satisfy the black hole in his chest. Nothing can fix the shattered glass they called a heart.

To ashes, this world will be. He'll burn it all to the ground till it is nothing but the husk that the world had left him feeling. The world does not matter, even if it cried as he crushed it with his bare hand. Karma is a bitch.

Information was exactly what he gained. The next village he decided to terrorize had exactly what he sought. It's people knew of it. The white dragon was a goddess,  a woman, a curse such as him. Who had been raising an army of sorcerers to "protect" these worthless villages and killing those deemed as evil? Calling her the curse of justice. He even heard some of the humans call her a Queen, a beautiful goddess. There was no other Royalty beside him.

It enraged him. Why would a curse side with humans? If anything, she should be siding with him, kill all the humans, and spread nothing but chaos. Why would the humans mock him by worshipping this female curse as a Queen and goddess?

That is when he decided to confront her. To see her in the flesh and to see the reasons why they call her such things... Before punishing her for her traitorous actions against him. He even went as far as to spare a child to deliver news on his arrival. He wanted her to show those fangs,  to see her defensive. 

But fangs he did not get. There she stood at the top of the Grand stairs that led to her temple. Her face covered as she stood there unafraid of him. This curse screamed nothing but her. Why? She was dead... Is this fool was trying to mimic his Sorano? She will surely pay in the worse ways possible. 

He was getting pissed off the more she acted so calm, not a fraction of fear from her, especially when she mentioned that she was waiting to die.

It confused Sukuna, who in the right mind wanted and waited to die? She seemed she had everything anyone would wish for. Her reasoning did not make sense to him. His eyebrows furrowing deeply in thought as he tried to see the logic.

"Why would that be?" he strangely asked, surprising himself in how calm he asked the question despite his internal rage spilling in his body.

"Let's say I've lived long enough. I've been through hell and back and have no desire to continue a meaningless life. I've tried many times to kill myself, to ask the humans and even curses. None could exceed. Are you powerful enough to kill me? Tell me, from the information, gathered you used to be human? I was too after a tragic situation."

He released a quiet gasp. A ping of emotion running through him. Much like her. He was lost for words. But of course, he didn't dare show that. The confusion was quickly replaced with abdominal rage. He was pissed. She was making those horrible memories and feelings come back. The woman was dead, long gone. He had no use for these pathetic thoughts.

"So, in exchange for killing me, I'll give you the battle you seek. I promise it won't be disappointing". She said ever so calmly. He could feel her smile under that hood of hers.

"Fine by me," he growled. He was definitely going to kill her now. He positioned himself to charge towards her, but only to freeze when she clasped her hands together only to pull them apart, allowing a string of blue fire to form into a flaming arrow.

She drew her arm back as if she was holding a bow, pointing the cursed arrow at him. How did she know that technique!? Only Sorano and himself knew that. She thought it to him after all.

He took off towards her, believing that his speed would give him the advantage to cut her down before she could attack. But he was proven wrong. She released her arrow, which only expanded the closer it got to him, the air whipping around it to increase the impact. He had no choice but to jump back, allowing the arrow to blast the spot he was just in.

He barely had a second to compose himself as she sent another arrow his way. He quickly jumped to the side, twisting around as he readied his spear and throwing it at her with full force.

But he growled as he saw her jump into the air, his spear now lunged into a pillar. Just who was this woman? She was fast and very precise. Never had he went this long without landing a hit. Or even anyone getting this close to hitting him.

The woman twisted in the air to deliver a harsh blow of her ankle to him. But he raised his four arms and blocked her attack. He felt his bones shatter from the blow. But luckily, he knew reverse curse healing that healed them instantly.

He pushed her away and charged as she just landed, throwing multiple punches only for her to dodge each one.

Sukuna was becoming more and more outraged as the battle continued in her favor. Seeing that small smirk, she wore under her hood. He would not allow a woman to beat him. He was the king of curses, after all. But at the same time, he couldn't help but feel the excitement from the challenge.

She swiftly dodged his fists and then ducked under his bottom right arm to deliver a quick kick to his side.

What surprised him was the amount of strength she held. That kick made him wince, backing away from her. If he were a human, he would more likely have a broken ribcage or even die from his ribs puncturing his organs.

"Hah, I have to admit you have some power behind that mask. But I'm growing bored," he said. He was growing bored with how long this fight was lasting without him hitting her... He wanted to see blood on the ground, on her. To see her on her hand and knees looking weak and pitiful.

He was going to end this fight quickly so he could have his fun. He brought his hands near his face. Combining his fingers to form a triangular symbol.

"Domain expansion... Malevolent Shrine"