10

Date created: 04/11/21

Date Finished: 04/11/21

Author's Notes: Again, in this chapter, there will some time skips and will be a little shorter than others.

Warnings: None.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Sukuna was not happy, not happy in the slightest. Not since Sorano had forbidden him to go with her to kill that rotten curse. He wanted nothing to help her, but she wouldn't allow it.

He understood that she feared for him, terrified that he would get hurt. But he was strong now. He could handle these curses. Couldn't she see that?

Apparently not... she took him to a village she once saved. Claiming that she had left her mark so that no other curses would attack. They had traveled for two days in silence. Then Sukuna fought her will once they arrived at the village, causing her to place her finger on his forehead. He suddenly blacked out.

It was dusk when he woke up from whatever spell he was under. His was blank for a few moments until he remembered  Sorano. With a slight panic, he jumped up to his feet and rushed out of the unknown room he was in.

"Child, where are you going at this hour?"

Sukuma froze in his tracks at the sound of the voice. Stopping right at the door, slowly turning to see an older lady sitting by the fireplace. Looking at him with curiosity.

"I need to find my friend-" he said, furrowing his eyebrows when the lady sighed and held out a piece of paper to him.

Sukuna was hesitant, slowly stepping closer before taking the paper into his own hands and looking at it. It was a letter with Sorano's elegant handwriting.

Ryomen,

By the time you receive this letter from Ms. Wu, I would be long gone. I know you are upset with me. But I hope that you understand that I cannot afford to lose you, to see you get hurt. You are very strong and brave, Ryomen, but these curses are not like others you have faced. They are much more dangerous. I will face them alone in hopes of riding them of the land. I know you have the strength to help, but please...I'm not too fond of the thought of you getting hurt. I will return after my mission, though I do not know how long I will be gone. These curses move fast. I hope that you will forgive me for what I have done.

In the meantime, Ms. Wu has agreed to watch over you. She is a very kind lady and will care for you as her own. Please return her kindness and help her and the other villagers when needed. I expect you to be good while I'm gone and continue practicing your Jujutsu. When I return, I will challenge you to test your abilities. 

Again, I am sorry for doing this. I promised to protect you and others in need. That's what I tend to do no matter. I cannot wait to come back to you, Ryomen. You mean everything to me.

With much love, Sorano

Sukuna's hands shook after he read the letter she left him. He was angry at her for leaving like this. He was sad that she was gone. He was flustered at her soft words. How could he feel all these emotions at the same time? He felt like crying like a baby that she was gone. Would she ever return?

The lady gave him a pitied look, getting up from her spot and walking over to him. She was hesitant, she was warned he wasn't fond of people, but she still pulled him in a gentle hug. 

"She was broken when she left. Despite her hearing that hood, I could see the tears flowing down her cheeks. She didn't want to do this, son. But please have faith in her and forgive her," she hummed before pulled away. Turning to walk towards a table.

"I...I do forgive her. I understand why she did it...but it still hurts." He whispered, loud enough for her to hear.

"I know it does, but she wouldn't want you to depress the whole time. Why don't you come and eat? Sorano mentioned that you hadn't had anything since yesterday morning."

Ms. Wu motioned towards the table, showing him the plates of food she prepared. Right on cue, his stomach rumbled with hunger. Making the lady chuckle.

Sukuna only nodded, making his way to the table, and sat down across from her. Watching as she placed her hands together and whispered a silent prayer.

Sukuna was hesitant but copied her before digging in the food. He didn't realize how hungry he was until the delicious food touched his tongue. The lady knew how to cook, almost as well as Sorano. But he would never dare to say that out loud.

He ended up consuming three plates full of food before he was satisfied. Ms. Wu smiled at him as she collected the dirty dishes.

"It is a good thing I've prepared extra. Sorano mentioned that you had a big appetite."

She carried the dishes over to the wash bin and began washing them. Sukuna stayed at the table, glancing out the window. He couldn't see anything but darkness.

"Ms. Wu....Sorano told me she saved this village when she first began her journey," he said. He wanted to know as much as he could about her.

"Ah yes, I remember that day very well. It was years ago. A small group of curses came to our village and rain destruction on us. But one of the curses could understand human language, so our headman offered livestock and valuables payments for peace. Surprisingly the curses agreed...with their own form of peace. They still caused trouble. But they didn't destroy our homes or killed people. But their presence had tainted the soil. Crops would barely grow. Then one day, we have run out of livestock to offer. For that, they demanded human offerings..."

Ms. Wu stopped for a moment, looking up at nothing? As of she was thinking or remembering something.

"One by one, our people were offered to the curses...watching as they ripped them apart in front of us... my son was one of them. With very few people left... our once peaceful village was withering away like ashes. All hope was lost until a hooded woman stumbled upon our pitiful village."

"Sorano, right?"

She nodded, a small smile forming on her lips. "I was surprised. We hadn't had visitors since the curses. I was out in the town center...trying to sell the plague-ridden vegetables we grew...she visited my stand and asked why our village was so empty. I explained to her the curses and what they made us do. I didn't know at the time she was a sorcerer until she placed her hand on one of my vegetables.  It was like magic. The vegetable changed. To almost rotten to nearly rip. She said  that she would kill the curses, and my God she did."

Sukuna's heart swelled at the story. That was definitely Sorano. When he first witness her curse reversing the health of foods, he couldn't believe it.

"Then she offered to help us. She stayed a few more days just to make sure our soil was fertile for crops."

"That sounds like Sorano...she's very kind".

"That she is, a very kind soul. We need more people like her in this world. I hope that you take her teachings to heart, young boy. You and her can make a difference. Change the cruel ways this world placed".

"I do...I strive to be just like her".

If only he knew what the world had in store for him.