22

Date created: 07/09/21

Date Finished: 08/08/21

Author's Notes: This chapter may be blahhhhh. For some reason, I had a hard time writing this one, that is why it took so long to update; besides that, I started on a new book-. So it will be cringy, especially towards the end. 

I am writing a new book that will be Demon Slayer Kyojuro Rengoku x My OC. But instead of doing chapter by chapter like I have been doing. I am writing several chapters before publishing.

Warnings: Mentions of violence and gore, possible smut but not full-on adult content, and then as always, swearing.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Sorano's felt her heartbreak at the sight of her once beloved home. It was not as grand as it once was. The buildings were damaged if not destroyed. The streets were empty. Surely she and Sukuna didn't do this much during their fight. They have stayed close to the temple. Even then, there was minimal damage.

Uraume followed close behind her as she walked down the deserted streets. Watching her face twist into sadness. He knew she took much pride in the haven she created.

Sorano walked until they reached the stairs that led to her home. There didn't seem to be any damage on the outside to her luck. With a soft sign, she began climbing thr steep stairs until she reached the open doors of her home.

What has happened while she was gone? The whole village was deserted, with no sign of anyone here. With a deep breath, she walked into the temple, the sounds of her footsteps echoing through the stone structure.

To her surprise, the inside of the temple was spotless...not even a spect of dust in sight. This made her confused. If no one was here, then how was her home cleaned? She did not sense anyone.

She walked further inside until she had reached a small pond that was engraved into the marble floor. The home of her beautiful koi. Even the water looked clean.

She felt Uraume step beside her, both curses staring down at the fish as they swam around.

But then he looked up at her. "You are sad?" He asked. He wasn't a man of many words. Usually only replying to orders given. But over the time of her stay...she had gotten him to speak more. To tell her his thoughts.

"I am more disappointed in myself for having high hopes..." she said softly. A part of her felt betrayed...she figured that the people would continue with their lives. To cherish the village they had worked so hard on.

"Humans never change, my lady."

She sighed at his words...maybe he was right. They never do. They will use you until you are useless...a frown tugged at her lips as she turned around. There was no use for her here anymore.

She began walking towards the doors but stopped when a sound reached her ears...it was no animal. The sounds of quiet and careful footsteps. Too large to be a small animal yet too small and quiet to be a large animal. There was no scent of curses around, but human.

It Seemed Uraume have heard the sound as well and turned to face the direction.  Raising a frosty hand. The sound had stopped, only to be followed by a whistling noise.

An arrow was shot out of the darkness of the connected halls, heading straight for Uraume. But luckily, he was quick enough to step aside from the arrow. Allowing it to pierce into the marble floor behind.