Chapter 26

My eyes opened and I looked around, seeing a majority of the audience was asleep. I was confused and looked at Kurenai, who was hovering over me. 

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

I nodded.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Someone casted a genjutsu and the Kazekage turned on us," She replied and pointed towards the booth where the Kages were sitting. There was a large barrier surrounding it and I widened my eyes with shock. The Kazekage and the Hokage were facing each other in a battle stance.

Why would they betray us? I wonder if that's why the other Sand ninja forfeited.

Kurenai and I split up to go find the ninjas who were awake and I rushed over towards Sakura. It seems like she was able to fight the genjutsu off pretty well.

"Are you alright?" I ask her.

"Yes," She replied and stood up. "Where's Kakashi-Sensei?"

"I don't know," I replied, looking around for him worriedly.

An ANBU appeared in front of us and I sighed with relief.

"What's going on?" I ask.

They suddenly lunged for me and I blocked his attack with my fists. I stood in front of Sakura protectively.

Where's Naruto? I hope he's alright. 

The ANBU lunged for me again and I dodged it, grabbing the cloak they were wearing. I ripped it off and saw it was a Sound ninja. 

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him, but he didn't reply. 

He kept lunging for me quickly as if he was trying to prevent me from attacking. I turned my head towards Sakura.

"Get out of here and find Kakashi!" I shouted at her. 

"But, what about you?" She asked me.

"I'll be fine. Go find him," I told her and she left. 

I kicked the Sound ninja, causing him to fall back onto the ground. That's when I took my opportunity and formed the rasengan in my left hand.

Before he could move, I quickly hit him with the rasengan and he went flying back, hitting the bleachers with his head. It was a hard hit, so it left him dazed. I walked over and saw that some blood was running down his face, which was probably from the bleachers.

I lifted him up by the collar of his shirt and threw him onto the ground. 

"Why are you doing this? What's your motive?" I interrogate.

He looked at me and stayed silent. His mouth suddenly started foaming and I widened my eyes when I realized he had ingested a poison capsule. I backed up and suddenly felt a rush of air behind me. 

I turned around and saw that another Sound ninja was trying to attack me and I kicked him away, sending him flying back. I realized that this one was bait so the other one could sneak up on me. 

I glanced up at the barrier, seeing the Kazekage threw his robes off and was revealed to be Orochimaru.

That explains everything but still leaves me confused as to why he's doing this. 

I saw more Sound ninjas coming for me.

"Lightning blade!"

"Leaf hurricane!"

A combination of wind and lightning suddenly sent them flying back. Kakashi and Guy were next to me suddenly and I turned my head, seeing Sakura behind them.