Chapter 2

I decided to run some errands before the conversation with Kakashi happens and decided on getting some take out from Ichiraku.

I had to buy groceries, some household supplies, and some more cat food for Mizuki.

She's still around, but she's just very old. I get scared for the day she passes away too, but I try not to think about it. 

After I had everything done, I checked the time in the store and saw it was almost 3:00 in the afternoon, so I decided to walk over to Ichiraku for my take out.

On the way there, there was a loud crash and some angry shouting.

I checked to see what was going on and there was a blur of orange and blonde that just passed me. 

"Don't come back here ever again, you despicable brat!" Someone shouted at the top of their lungs. "It's simple. If you don't have money, then don't bother coming around!"

I put two and two together.

My jaw and my fists clenched and I could feel anger starting to build up inside of me.

Hell no.

Not on my watch.

I put my things down and walked over to the shop owner.

"Hello miss, how may I-,"

"Save it," I snap, taking him by surprise.

He looked baffled now.

"I'm sorry?"

"Listen here," I narrowed my eyes. "If you EVER treat him like that again, I swear on my mother's grave that you will have hell to pay,"

Everyone was now staring and the man just rolled his eyes.

"And why shouldn't I? He's that demon child," He retorted. "You know, the one that killed Lord Fourth,"

Now he just took it way too far. 

I hated it when people picked on my little cousin and I especially hated it when people blamed him for Uncle Minato's death. The villagers don't know the truth. No one in this village knows the truth, except for a few. 

I kicked the table that was between us out of my way and got in his face.

"Say that again asshole," I growled. "I dare you,"

He smirked, knowing he got under my skin. But he doesn't know why that comment he made bothered me exactly.

"You're a ninja, aren't you? Aren't you ninjas supposed to be smart?" He asked. "And I'll say it again. That child killed Lord Fourth and he shouldn't be allowed to step foot in this village,"

In a flash, he was now pinned against the wall and now, I had lost my temper. 

I pointed a kunai in his face for intimidation purposes and I knew I'd get in trouble for this, but I don't care right now. I couldn't stand it when people said that kind of crap and I had enough of it.

"I'd be careful who you say that to," I said. "You don't recognize me at all?

He shook his head.

"I'm Lord Fourth's niece," 

His eyes widened and now he recognized me.

"And I don't think my uncle would like you blaming a child for what happened to him and neither would my aunt," I continued. "I don't like it either, so if you want me to spare your life, then you better watch what you say about him and watch how you treat him,"

"I-I understand-!"

"And I'm serious about what I said," I pointed the kunai closer. "If I catch you screaming at that child or looking at him in a way I don't like, I will come after you,"