Chapter 19

The next morning I got ready quickly for the Forest of Death today. 

Just as I was about to get some leftover ramen, there was knocking at my door.

I opened it and saw Anko. I looked back at the clock, seeing she was twenty minutes early. 

"Sorry for the sudden visit, but I wanted to start heading out now so we won't be late," She said. 

Well, so much for my leftover ramen. I'm going to be starving the entire time now. I slipped my shoes on and left my house. I followed Anko to the Forest of Death.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that Lord Hokage said some students from the academy want to do an interview for their newspaper. Remind me later if I forget," She said. 

We got there and I saw it was empty. Damnit, I should've just reheated it and took it with me. I can't stop thinking about that ramen now.

We were waiting on some jounin who are supposed to come here with the heaven and earth scrolls. Anko was impatient, even though they were on time and was muttering about how they need to hurry up.

They got here and we helped them set up two tables for them to hand them out. 

The genin eventually arrived and my stomach growled when I remembered that ramen in my fridge.

Okay, I need to get my mind off of the food.

I hope the genin will be okay out there. I know the forest was one of the toughest part of the exams. Most of them were looking terrified at the huge gates.

I took a deep breath before speaking. I know these are just kids, but I still hate public speaking. I started explaining to them how this was going to work, and then I let Anko do the rest of the talking since she wants to scare them.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam," I said. "It's our 44th battle training zone, but we call it the 'Forest of Death',"

I saw a few of the genin shuddering at the name.

"This whole place just creeps me out," I heard a voice say. It sounded like Sakura.

Anko smirked. "It should since it's the 'Forest of Death' and soon enough, you're gonna find out why,"

Sakura widened her eyes a little and Naruto snorted loudly.

"They call it the Forest of Death and you're gonna find out why," He mocked, with this hands on his hips.

I had to hide my amusement. 

Anko closed her eyes and smiled. I rose an eyebrow watching her.

"So, we've got ourselves a tough guy," She said and in the blink of an eye, she pulled a kunai out from her sleeve and threw it, causing it to cut Naruto on the cheek. She then quickly appeared behind Naruto.

I looked at the spot where she was in and then back at Naruto. How the hell did she get there so quickly?

I knew she wouldn't seriously hurt him, so I wasn't alarmed.

"You tough enough to handle this?" Anko whispered to him. "You're not afraid, are you?"

Naruto was too stunned to speak to her. The cut on his face was bleeding and she continued to scare him.

"Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over this forest," Anko smirked.

A grass kunoichi approached Anko from behind, while holding the kunai she threw at Naruto with a long tongue. I only knew one person with a tongue that long. I watched their movements, alarmed.