Chapter 29

Guy and I were practically sprinting to make it there. 

"You're sure they went to Otafuku town?" He asked.

"Yes, I was with Jiraiya earlier and that's what he told me," I replied. 

I realized I remembered a shortcut to get there. I had to catch a petty thief a long time ago back there and he knew how to cover his tracks, so I had to learn a shortcut. I started taking the shortcut, ignoring Guy calling my name.

The only thing on my mind right now was making sure I get there before they do. 

I had to ask around town if anyone has seen a boy wearing orange, or an old man with bushy white hair. No one knew so far, but then this old lady at a shop told me that she saw them at the Inn. I thanked her and rushed off to that Inn.

I ran up the stairs and panted slightly when I entered the hallway. I already saw Itachi and Sasuke looked like he just got here.

"It's been a long time...Sasuke," Itachi spoke. "And Hana,"

I didn't know Itachi very well, but he knew that Naruto is my cousin. He knew the whole story already. I looked over at Naruto, seeing that he was in front of Kisame. I recognized him from the last time I countered him in the past. He gave me a scar the last time I encountered him. It wasn't hard to remember those distinct features he had. 

Sasuke glanced over at me, but then continued to stare hatefully at his older brother.

"Itachi Uchiha," Sasuke growled.

Naruto stared at Sasuke with shock, then glanced over at Itachi.

"Itachi, I already know what you're doing and I won't let you kill either of these two," I said to him, walking up to them.

Kisame put his sword in front of me to stop me. I looked at him.

"I don't know if you remember me or not, but I still need to give you payback from the time we last encountered," I said.

Kisame snorted. "Yeah, I don't remember you, but go ahead and try. I'd love to cut you up into ribbons,"

Kisame then turned to Itachi. "He looks an awful lot like you, Itachi. Who is this kid?"

"He's my younger brother," Itachi replied. 

"That's strange," Kisame replied. "Cause the way I heard it, the whole Uchiha clan was wiped out by you,"

"Itachi Uchiha," Sasuke hissed. "I hope you're ready to die!"

"Sasuke, stop!" I shouted. "Don't rush into things!"

I attempted to move past Kisame, but he held his sword in front of me to keep me from moving. I'm going to have to fight him. Now I knew how everyone felt back then when I would just rush into a situation without thinking.

Sasuke ignored me. "It's just as you said brother. I've fostered my hatred for you all this time. I've lived my life for one single purpose - to see you DIE. IT ENDS HERE!"

He gathered all his chakra into his left hand and I recognized that as Kakashi's attack, which was the Chidori. It was the first technique he came up with.

The sound resembling chirping birds echoed through the hallway and Sasuke ran towards Itachi. I had to get over there.

"Kisame move right now," I demanded, glaring at him. 

"Sorry woman, this is family business. We shouldn't get involved," He replied with snark.

I watched helplessly as Sasuke attempted to hit Itachi with the Chidori. Itachi caught his wrist in the blink of an eye and made the attack connect with the wall, causing it to blow up. I had no choice but to try and stop Kisame now so he can get out of my way.