Chapter 31

The next morning, I was woken up by Iruka who told me that the Leaf Village Council wanted to see me.

They were in charge until Tsunade takes over.

I walked inside the office they wanted to meet in and tried to hide how tired I was.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask, closing the door behind me. 

"Yes," Homura said. "We wanted to send you on a mission,"

Koharu looked in my direction. "We need you to gather some herbs for medicine. With all the new patients going in right now, we're running low,"

Why are they giving me this mission? This is like some genin-level mission.

"Where am I getting these herbs?" I ask. 

"Near the Hidden Mist Village. There are some herbs over there that we need and we'll give you the list before you go. We've already requested permission from Lazy Mizukage and she said that if you needed help, there would be a ninja she'd send to help you," Homura explained. 

I nodded. "Is anyone coming with me, or is it just going to be me?"

"Just you," Danzo replied. "Deliver them to one of the Medic Corps when you get back, then report back to us."

Danzo stood up and handed me the list of herbs that were needed and sat back down after that. They all dismissed me and I decided I'd stop by my house real quick just to grab a cloak I wore if it was cold. This cloak was weather-proof.

I grabbed the last-minute stuff I would need and then started walking out of the village. Kurenai and Asuma passed by.

"Going on a mission?" Asuma asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, they're making me gather some supplies that the hospital needs,"

"Well be safe, Hana," Kurenai said. 

I could tell she was worried since she knew I was being targeted. 

"I will," I smile at her.

I said my goodbyes to her and Asuma after that and exited the gate. Izumo and Kotetsu were bickering about something the entire time, so they just gave me a nod of acknowledgment when I walked past them.

I put the cloak on and then put the list in my pouch that was tied around my thigh. The walk was kind of long and boring. There was no one to talk to, so I just had to be stuck in my own thoughts. 

After what felt like hours, I finally made it to the dock that led to the Hidden Mist Village. There was a female Mist ninja. She had long, platinum-blonde hair that went to her hips and her piercing emerald eyes cast suspicion on me.

"What's your business?"

"I'm from the Leaf Village," I replied, lifting the cloak to show her my Leaf headband that was tied around my hips. "I'm supposed to gather herbs for our hospital and I was told that Lady Mizukage was already aware of this,"

She nodded. "Oh, right. You're the Leaf ninja I'm supposed to help find the herbs for. Some of those are extremely hard to find and since I'm more familiar with the area, I know where to find them exactly,"

We both stepped onto the boat and she sat down across from me, rowing it. 

"What's your name?" She asked me.

"Hana...uh, Namikaze,"

It was hard to stop introducing myself as "Uzumaki."

She rose an eyebrow and continued to row the boat. "I'm Yukiko Kobayashi,"