Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning expecting to see sky blue walls, but instead, I saw mint green walls and completely different furniture.

I also expected to wake up to Minato telling me that Kakashi, Obito, Rin, and I had a mission.

But no, this is real life.

They aren't here anymore and I don't stay in my old bedroom anymore. I stay in Minato and Kushina's old room since I needed more room and I couldn't bring myself to move out of this house. 

My old bedroom is used as a guest or storage room, but I don't have very many guests so it's mainly a storage room now. 

Since I had a dream of Obito again, I was going to go visit him again. I missed him more than usual today and he keeps appearing in my dreams more lately.

I quickly got ready and rushed to the cemetery.

When I got there, there were a few other people here visiting other headstones and I walked over to Obito's. 

"I know I just saw you yesterday, but I had to come visit you again. I miss you so much..." I trailed off.

Tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"Words can't describe how much I miss you. You've left a hole in my heart and no one else will be able to fill it but you," I sigh, wiping the tears away. "Sometimes I just wish something could take me away so I can be up there with you, but I know you probably wouldn't want that," 

More tears came pouring down.

I couldn't get that dream about him out of my head.

My dream always gave me haunting memories of the day we got together or the days we used to go do everything together. But this time, the dream I had of him was the one where we had our first kiss.

I'd do anything just to feel his lips against mine again.

I attempted to calm myself down by taking deep breaths and looked up. I wiped some more tears away.

But then when I looked back down, I saw a black figure in the tree above me.

I looked back up again, but that figure was gone. 

Maybe I'm just seeing things.

I said my goodbyes to Obito's headstone and left the cemetery. 

Everyone tells me that he would want me to move on and be happy, but I can't do that. No one else makes me feel the way he made me feel and no one else compared to him.

I didn't have anything else to do, so I just went to the bookstore and I saw Kakashi in the back. I rose an eyebrow.

"Kakashi, you used to roll your eyes at me for even liking the Makeout series," I said, making him jump a little. "Now you're out here reading them?"

He grabbed one of the books off the shelves and he looked over at me. 

"I like it for the plot," 

"You're a guy. Do you think I'm stupid?" 

He didn't reply and I smirked.