Chapter 13

A few weeks had passed.

Kakashi was gone with Team Seven on a mission and I was now bored out of my mind. Even Guy was busy with his team, so I knew he wouldn't be around today.

I decided to go see if Lord Hokage wanted me to do any missions, so I rose out of bed to get ready.

I quickly left my house after getting ready and walked to the tower, still thinking about those war prisoners who escaped. They stated they had a leader or something, but who could it be?

I broke out of my thoughts when I saw Kurenai and Asuma talking at the entrance.

God damnit.

I don't think Asuma had much of a problem with me, but he probably doesn't want to talk to me anyway. I took a deep breath and started walking to the entrance. My heart was racing even faster with every step.

I pretended I didn't notice them and finally got inside.

I let out a sigh of relief. I couldn't tell if they were looking at me or if they noticed, but that was still extremely awkward.

I saw that the Hokage had his door open, so I walked in and he looked up.

"Yes?"

"I was just wondering if you have any missions for me or something," I said. "I'm bored out of my mind,"

He chuckled when I said I was bored.

"I don't have any missions for you right now," He replied. "The only ones availiable are D-ranked missions for the genin and that's about it,"

"Damn," I said with disappointment. "Not even another escort mission?"

"Nope, Kakashi already went on the last one,"

Well, that's disappointing. My only two friends are out of town and the only other person I could talk to doesn't even live in this village. I don't even know if he could visit me if he wanted to anyway.

The Hokage noticed I was quiet. "Hana, once there is a mission availiable I'll let you know. I'm being more cautious now because of those rogue ninjas who are after you,"

"I know and I understand," I replied. "It's just...Kakashi and Guy are the only two I can talk to and so I don't know how to keep myself busy."

He gave me a sympathetic look. He knew that I lost my other friends since he witnessed me breaking down a week after Kurenai and Anko left me.

I told him I had to go do some errands around the house, so I left the office and to my relief, Kurenai and Asuma were gone already.

I actually did have errands to run, but there wasn't a lot. All I had to do was grab some stuff I was running out of from the store.

I decided to get Ichiraku before going to the store and saw Teuchi looked angry.

"Hi Teuchi, are you alright?" I asked, taking a seat.

He was lost in his own world.

"That good for nothing punk-," He noticed me and cleared his throat. "Oh, sorry Hana. I'm just mad right now because Ayame's boyfriend left her. Once I get my hands on him-,"

"Wait, are you talking about the same guy she met when we were younger?" I accidentally cut him off.

"Yes,"

Oh hell no.

"Where's Ayame? I'll go talk to her and have a little chat with him," I said, completely forgetting about my errands and appetite.