Chapter 35

A lot happened last week. I had that mission, then ran into that masked guy, and then Tsunade became our Hokage. We had her ceremony last week too and now, I was catching up with Tsunade and Shizune. 

I had to tell them about the reasoning behind my last name change and how Lord Third and I had this agreement about how Naruto can't know I'm related until those ninjas are done targeting me. She seemed surprised to hear that a group of vigilantes was using me to get their revenge on my Uncle.

Then Tsunade had to go meet with the Leaf Village Council, so it was just Shizune and I now.

"Are you and Kakashi together?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Nope, just friends,"

"I thought you were because I vaguely remember that whole thing with you and him back then," She chuckled. 

"Yeah, well that didn't work out and I ended up dating my best friend instead," I answered. She was about to ask who, but then she gave me a look of sympathy when she finally remembered who I was talking about.

"I'm sorry about that," She said softly.

"I'm healing and it's not easy, but I'm managing. I just had to clean up some messes I've made after the war," I shrug. 

"So no one else special after that?" She asks.

I shook my head. "Nope. I had a connection with him that won't ever be replaced. I've been on a couple of dates of course, but they just don't feel right. It feels like I'm betraying him if I even think about dating again,"

"But wouldn't he want you to be happy?" Shizune asked, pouring more tea in our cups. "I feel like he wouldn't want you to deprive yourself of happiness,"

I shrug.

I just couldn't do it. A couple of guys have asked me out in the past and I accepted, but it felt wrong. Obito was my best friend since childhood, so our connection was special and irreplaceable. When we got together, it felt like everything was in place. No one can make me feel the way he did. Plus it just feels like I'm betraying him. 

Maybe Shizune was right, but if I were to date again, it would have to be when I'm not so emotionally damaged by my past.

She changed the subject and we caught up some more. I then had to go because my mind flickered back to the masked guy from last week and the other one who I couldn't remember. I had a feeling deep down, but I needed to remember first before jumping to any conclusions.

I needed to ask Tsunade for input on remembering something. I feel like she would know.

I went to my house and decided to try and find my own way to remember until I see Tsunade again, so I took out a piece of paper and pen. I started drawing the mask I saw last week and that didn't help.

I shut my eyes, trying to force myself to recall it, but I was just giving myself another headache. I got up to take some Ibuprofen and then went back to my dining table. 

"Come on, think, think," I smacked my hand against my head.

I grabbed another sheet of paper and then started drawing the outline of the other guy's mask. I had the shape down, but something kept blocking me from remembering that night. Stupid brain.

I decided I would go back to that spot the night it happened and see if that brought anything back. So I quickly slipped my shoes on and started sprinting towards that spot. I always avoided that area as much as I could, due to the following events that happened after Minato told me to leave.

"Hey, watch it!" Someone shouted.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, still sprinting on ahead.

I panted when I was finally there and looked around. Nothing was coming to my head. I was in a tree though, so maybe I'll go up there.