Chapter 10

The next morning, I was woken up by knocking at my door.

I groggily got up from my bed and went to go answer it. 

"Iruka?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry to wake you," He said. "But Lord Hokage wanted to speak with you again,"

I nodded and went back inside to get ready. That only took me like ten minutes and I saw Iruka was waiting for me and left with him.

"Do you know what it's about?"

"No, but I think he wants to send you on another mission," Iruka replied.

"I see," I responded and we walked to the Hokage's Tower. 

Once we got there, Iruka sat down next to the Hokage to help him with paperwork and I stood in front of the desk.

"So, what did you want to speak with me about?" I asked.

"I have a mission for you," He replied and looked down at a piece of paper. "I have a scroll that I need you to deliver to Kazekage. He has a scroll for me as well and needed it delivered here, so I'll send you to go retrieve it,"

"Is anyone coming with me?" I ask.

"Not this time," He replies. 

He opened up a map and explained a shortcut for me to get to the Sand Village and then handed me the scroll. 

"Just be careful, considering what happened months ago," He said. "This mission should take you about a day,"

"I will,"

"You're dismissed."

I left his office and I heard footsteps moving away again.

Who the hell is eavesdropping?

I stopped walking and looked around, but when I realized I didn't have any more time to waste, I just shook it off and left the tower.

I started leaving the village, but I heard my name.

"Hana!"

I turned around and saw Kakashi. He caught up with me and I remembered he was supposed to meet Naruto's team at five.

"Are you already done with the training exercise?" I ask him.

"No, I'm late," He said.

I shook my head. "Let me guess, a black cat again?"

"Yup," He chuckled. "Where are you headed?"

"I'm leaving for a mission, but I'll probably be back tomorrow," I answered him.

"Is anyone coming with you?"

"No, but I'm fine with it. It shouldn't be too hard, considering I'm only leaving for the Sand Village to deliver a scroll," I answered.

Kakashi looked worried now. "Please be careful. Those Stone ninjas have been quiet since your encounter with Kakko and it's a little suspicious,"

"I'll be fine, Kakashi. If they're not showing up now, they probably won't show up today either," I replied. "And I'll use my rasengan on the next one. Kakko just caught me off guard,"

Kakashi's expression didn't change. "I'm glad to see the old you is still in there, but I'm serious. Just be careful. I'll see you around."

He turned to leave, so he could meet up with Team Seven. 

"Just let me know how their training went!" I called after him and then turned around to leave the village.

I got to the gate and let Izumo and Kotetsu know that I'm leaving for a mission and already have my leave authorized with him.