Chapter 14

Another week had passed.

Kakashi and Naruto were supposed to come back today so I didn't have to be stuck here feeling awkward anymore.

After the incident with Daichi happened, he apologized to Ayame and attempted to win her back, but it didn't work. She told him off and Teuchi even got his two cents in. Teuchi was pleased to know that I literally knocked the sense into that jerk.

Then, Lord Hokage sent me a letter saying he wants me to be one of the proctors for the upcoming chunin exams. I didn't know who else he chose, but I hoped to god that it wasn't any of my past friends. 

The letter also said the meeting was later today in the evening.

I was in the middle of cooking myself breakfast and Mizuki jumped on the counter trying to eat what was in the pan.

I shooed her off and she ran to my room as soon as someone knocked on the door.

I turned the heat down on the stove and went to go answer.

It was Kakashi and he was reading the Makeout series while he was standing in my doorway.

"How did the mission go?" I ask.

"It went well. Turns out, I seriously need that luck because Naruto acted exactly like you, and he has that temper of yours,"

I laughed.

"What did he do?"

"His temper isn't as bad as yours or Kushina's, but he punched a child and talked some sense into him," Kakashi replied.

I chuckled. "At this point, the Uzumaki tempter is inherited. I think he especially inheritied it from Aunt Kushina,"

Kakashi shook his head. "If anything, his temper reminds me of yours from back then. If he was like Kushina..."

He trailed off, with slight horror on his face imagining Naruto with Kushina's temper. 

I was about to invite him inside, but then Guy suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Are we having a party?!" He exclaimed, dragging Kakashi inside my house with him.

Guy looked around. "I thought there was a a party,"

I sighed. "You should know me better by now. I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to attend or throw a party,"

I walked to the kitchen, motioning for them to sit down.

"Since you're both here, you might as well have breakfast,"

They sat down and Kakashi went back to reading his book. I could hear Guy trying to challenge Kakashi and trying to give him shit for reading the Makeout series. Of course, Kakashi pretended not to hear him and caused Guy to fall over dramatically.

I shook my head and laughed quietly hearing the commotion.

If only Obito was here to join them...

Okay no, we are not going to do that today.

I shook myself out of it and finished cooking breakfast. I made eggs, potatoes, and chorizo in one pan. I made our plates and brought them to the table.

"Now we get to see Kakashi without his mask!" Guy grinned widely. 

Kakashi rolled his eyes in response and continued reading his book. I remembered seeing him without a mask back when we ate barbecue after the chunin exams. I smiled a little remembering how bad Rin and Obito were trying to see him without a mask.

I started eating my food and Guy was already wolfing his down.

"This is good food!" Guy exclaimed, while he had food in his mouth.