Chapter 24

A few weeks since my meeting with Jiraiya passed and I was currently on a mission. It wasn't anything big, I was just delivering a scroll that had some important information regarding the Chunin Exams.

Lord Hokage didn't want me going alone either, so he sent Kakashi and Guy with me.

You can probably guess how this mission was going so far.

"I bet I can get there faster than you can, Kakashi!" Guy exclaimed loudly.

I sighed. 

At least Kakashi won't give in to this.

Kakashi turned to Guy with an unreadable look in his eyes. "I don't believe it's in your best interest to challenge me, Guy,"

Oh no.

Guy immediately started sprinting ahead and Kakashi followed him. I stared at the scene, blinking a few times in disbelief.

"Come on, you guys!" I shouted after them, running to keep up. "In case you forgot, we're not supposed to separate!"

I rolled my eyes when they didn't hear me, so I had no choice but to keep up. In fact, I'm going to beat them both to prove a point.

I caught up with them and immediately sprinted head even further. I saw that we were almost to the Sand Village, so I continued running even though my legs were screaming at me to stop. I turned around, seeing they weren't in sight and smirked.

I saw the man who usually stands by the entrance and stopped running. I panted and noticed he was looking at me questionably.

"Nothing alarming is going on," I said. "I was just in a sprinting match with my two other teammates,"

He nodded and I could hear two footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a dust cloud coming my way rapidly. The dust cloud cleared up and they both looked out of breath. 

"Do you think she's here already?" Guy asked, panting heavily.

"No I don't-" Kakashi cut himself off when he saw me here already. Guy hung his mouth open in shock.

"What? How did you get here so quick?" Guy asked me.

"I guess that shows I'm better than the both of you," I smirked smugly at them. 

The man at the gate cleared his throat. "What's your business?"

I turned around to face him quickly. "Oh, we were just dropping this scroll off to the Kazekage. It's from Lord Hokage,"

He nodded and took the scroll. "I can't let you three in, since Lord Kazekage has strict rules now about outsiders entering the village, so I will bring this scroll to him,"

I thought that was kind of weird, but I brushed it off. I handed the scroll to him and he turned around to leave.

I looked at Guy and Kakashi with a competitive spark in my eyes "I bet you can't beat me back to the village,"

I immediately took off before they could react. I laughed when I saw they started coming after me. The big dust cloud they left covered them and when I turned back around, Kakashi was ahead of me. 

I could hear Guy shouting at us in the distance.

"Oh no you don't, Kakashi!" I shout.

I pushed myself to run faster than I already was and passed Kakashi, with my tongue sticking out at him in a childish manner.

After nearly twenty minutes straight of sprinting, I saw the gate to the Leaf Village. I immediately opened it and collapsed on the ground, face first to catch my breath.