Chapter 38

Today was the day that Naruto and Jiraiya would both be leaving to train. I was kind of emotional about it, considering they're my family. Jiraiya wasn't blood-related, but I still consider him to be family.

I finished getting ready for the day and locked the door behind me as I left my house.

I stopped by Naruto's apartment and knocked on his door. He opened it, looking like he had just now woken up.

"Thank goodness you came by because I would've overslept!" He said, inviting me inside. His apartment was messy and had clothes thrown around the floor. He noticed me looking around he looked embarrassed. "Uh, sorry about the mess,"

"You're fine," I replied. "I can clean it for you when you leave if you'd like,"

"You'd do that for me?" He asked with surprise.

"I don't mind," I smiled. "I thought I'd see if you needed any help packing up,"

"I think I've got it from here," He said.

He started scrambling around his apartment trying to pack his bags. He was telling me about how he was excited to train with Jiraiya.

"But the one thing I'm not looking forward to is Pervy-Sage's 'research'," He grimaced. "I know he'll ditch training for that,"

"Yes, he will," I chuckled. "All you have to do is embarrass him in front of the women he tries to hit on if he loses focus. He sure wasn't happy with me when I called him a pervert in front of this woman he was trying to flirt with,"

"I will definitely have to try that. Did that work?"

I nodded. "Yup. Then I brought Tsunade unintentionally and she set him straight,"

He looked terrified at the thought of Tsunade's temper. I'm going to assume he's seen it already.

"I'm going to check in with Jiraiya, but I'll see you both off at the gate later," I said, standing up.

I left after that to find Jiraiya and of course, I found him talking to some woman at the cafe here. He didn't even realize that I was walking up to him since he was staring at her as if she was the best thing he's ever seen.

"Perving on women again?" I ask, sitting down in front of him with a smirk.

The woman's expression changed to a disgusted one and she immediately got up and walked away. Jiraiya glared at me. "I thought you knew not to say things like that in public!"

"You would've been late to meet Naruto at the gate if I didn't show up," I held my smirk.

"Well, I'll have you know that was for an upcoming novel!" He protested. "I swear, sometimes I can't tell if you or Naruto is worse about that,"

"You'll live," I snickered. "I just wanted to ask you about the Akatsuki. I don't know that much about them, besides the fact that Itachi and Kisame are a part of them,"

Jiraiya started telling me everything he knew so far about the Akatsuki and how he's been tracking their movements. Then he told me about how he will be tracking them and getting more information while he trains with Naruto.

With that, he checked the time and saw it was time to leave. We both walked to the gate and Naruto was already there, along with Kakashi and Sakura.

"Ready to go, Pervy Sage?!" Naruto grinned with excitement. Jiraiya rolled his eyes in response to the name Naruto had called him.

"Before you go," I said and walked over to Naruto. "You better be careful out there and don't be reckless either if you encounter any trouble while you're away,"