Chapter 33

After I had gotten my injuries checked out, I followed Kuroshi to Yukiko's room. She was awake and her cheeks flushed slightly.

"K-Kuroshi!"

"Are you alright?" He asks her.

"Yeah, he just took a lot out of me," She replied, looking to the side. "I'm fine though!"

"Oh, Hana," Kuroshi looked at me. "You remember, Yukiko, right?"

Yukiko and I looked at each other with confusion. We were both trying to figure out why we were so familiar with each other.

"Uh, I don't think I do,"

He looked hesitant. "She uh, flirted with your teammate when we took the Chunin Exams. You got mad about it, remember?"

A look of realization was now on my face as I remembered the way she was acting flirty towards Obito. Now I understand why he was being vague about that. He was just trying to be careful since he knows it's a sensitive topic for me.

She chuckled. "That's why I remember you. I'll never forget the way you confronted me over that,"

I was slightly embarrassed remembering the way I shouted at her. "Yeah, uh sorry about that," I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

"You're fine," She chuckled. "How did that ever go, by the way? I could tell that Uchiha boy had it bad for you,"

"Yukiko that's not-" Kuroshi started.

"No," I stopped him. "It's okay. I'll tell her,"

Yukiko looked confused.

"We got together, but he died in the Third Shinobi War," I answered her.

A look of guilt and sympathy was now on her face. "I'm sorry for bringing that up,"

"You're fine," I replied. "It's not easy healing from all of that, but I'm trying,"

Kuroshi changed the subject.

"Well anyway, I'll guide you to the other side," He said.

"Oh Hana," Yukiko said before I left.

I turned to face her and she looked at me curiously. "You used a technique that typically Mist ninjas know, so I was just wondering, how did you know it?"

"Which one?" I ask.

"When you used your water whip and sent electric currents through it," She replied.

"Oh, my Mom was a Mist ninja back in the day. She taught me that technique when I was a young child," I replied.

"I see," Yukiko replied. "I was just curious. Bye Hana!"

I waved back at her and we left the hospital. As we left the village, I gave Kuroshi a slight smirk.

"Do you like her?"

He didn't react.

"No,"

I rolled my eyes at his denial. "I can see right through it, you know. She likes you too,"

"That's ridiculous. We've been friends since the day she was put on my team. There's nothing more to it," He replied, a bit snappish.

I knew he was just in denial, whether he wanted to show it or not.

He helped me onto the boat and started rowing to the other side of the island where the Hidden Mist Village is.

"Hana, I didn't mean to get snappish with you about that topic," Kuroshi sighed. "It's just the elders of my clan have been pushing me to find a wife because they want me to get married soon so I can be the head of my clan,"