Chapter 9

Months had gone by.

Ever since Kakko found me, I've been on guard for more of these ex-Stone ninjas. They haven't shown up since Kakko was taken care though.

I also haven't run into Mystery Man either. 

I knew they haven't given up, so maybe those guys are still trying to plan something.

I was currently at the store buying groceries.

"Oh, hey Hana!"

I turned around, seeing Naruto. He's grown since the last time I saw him. He wore green goggles and looked a little taller.

"Hi Naruto," I smiled

He's starting to trust me since I was one of the few adults who didn't treat him horribly. I also would stop by his apartment to check on him or drop off leftover food to him so he wasn't constantly eating ramen.

"I'm going to graduate from the academy!" He grinned with excitement.

"That's good, I'm glad you are," I replied.

Naruto walked around the store with me, talking about how he's closer to becoming Hokage and how he'd make a good Hokage.

He reminded me of myself when I was younger.

I paid for everything and Naruto had to go home so he could get ready for tomorrow.

Kakashi saw me and started walking with me to my house.

"Hey, Hana, how have you been?" He asks casually.

"Same as always," I shrug. "I ran into Naruto earlier and honestly, it gets hard trying not to tell him everything,"

Kakashi nodded. "Yeah, I get that,"

"What have you been up to?" I asked him.

"Good, but I've been thinking lately..." He trails off.

I looked at him questioningly. He was beating around the bush. What did he have to tell me?"

"About?" 

"Well, you see," He continued. 

Now I could tell he was doing this to make me overreact. He usually thought it was funny if I did. 

"Stop beating around the bush!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled. "I'm going to be Naruto's sensei,"

I looked at him with shock.

"Really? I thought you didn't want to be anyone's sensei," I asked.

"Yeah, well, let's just say the Hokage has his ways," He shrugs. "I think he purposely placed Naruto on Team Seven too,"

I gave Kakashi a small smirk. "Another Uzumaki on Team Seven? Good luck with that,"

"Tell me about it," Kakashi replied. "If he's anything like you were, I think I'm going to need all the luck,"

I could see the outline of a small smirk on his mask.

"Do you think I could tag along on a few missions?" I asked.

"Yeah, if the Hokage gives you the okay. I don't think he'll have a problem with it," Kakashi replied. "I think it's a good thing so that way you can get closer to him,"

My expression changed.

"I just can't help but wonder if he'll hate me,"

"Why would he hate you?"

"He once asked me if I knew the Hokage because he saw a picture of me with Kushina and Minato. I told him it was my sister and said I didn't know him," I looked down. "When he does find out the truth, he may be mad at me for even lying about it,"