48

Two Years Later

Reese POV

Just been living my best life ya know. I'm happier than I ever been. My mom took the job in New York and it's been the best for us. When I decided to leave with her I left my dad and brother behind and my best friend. Moving was the best decision I got to see my mom work her magic and fall in love all over again. I felt it was best for me to finish high school and transfer my college credits over to the new one I attended. Currently a college grad student super excited to step into the medical field. I worked so hard to get here and I can't go back now.

" I have an interview in Houston ". Ana said smiling.

" Good for you girl I'm still applying ". I say.

I met Ana my last year of college and we gotten super close she was criminal justice major until she saved her grandmas life. She loves telling that story about it. She's a fun person to be around and crazy as hell also.

" Who knew it was so hard finding a job with degrees ". She say.

" Honestly ".

" Are you moving back home ". She asked.

" I don't know theirs nothing for me there ". I said.

" I just don't want to leave you here alone ". She said making a pouting face.

" Ana trust me I'll be fine ".

Ana and her boyfriend decided it's best to move back home to be with family and I've been thinking heavy on that but it'll be like I'm pressing resume on my life back there.

" You need to be around family right now ". She suggested.

" I'll just talk it over with my mom ". I said.

I never thought about going back I left everything and it felt good to be a new person in a new city. They don't know what I been through like it went through some tough shit.

_______________________________

When I walked into the house I heard my mom on the phone I didn't want to disturb her.

" She just walked in I'll tell her.....alright bye have a nice day ". She said before hanging up.

" Who was that ". I say sitting my things on the island.

" That was just Trina ". She said smiling.

" Hm why is she calling ". I asked.

" She invited us to Nia's engagement party ".

Nia's getting married what the hell. I haven't talked to Nia in about a year. She called quits on our friendship. She was upset because I didn't tell her I was moving to New York permanently. I mean yeah I could have told her but she was so happy staying back home and it just wasn't for me.

" Wow really ". I said.

" When is it ". I asked.

" Trina said it's sometime next week ". She smiled.

" That's good... I love that for her ".

" Reese she was your best friend why can't y'all just make up ". She sighed.

" Mom I tried contacting her but I got no answer so I gave up not about to kiss ass ".

" While you'll be kissing some ass next week when we go ". She said rolling her eyes.

" Ugh you're so annoying ". I laughed shaking my head.

" That sounded so wrong ". I smiled.

" Shut up ".

I went to my room and put my things away. I changed my clothes and decided to do some shopping.