𝐢.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

"shit, can this day get any worse?" i mumble to myself, looking down at the spilled pitcher of water. i get to work cleaning and serving the last lingering hotel guest before i end my shift. working in a hotel restaurant has ups and downs like most jobs. the biggest downside is that snobby people like this barely tip. being a single mother making three dollars above minimum wage, most of the tips i manage to get are sufficient to fill my tank biweekly. i sighed looking at the time, it was almost eleven p.m., keziah should be in bed sleeping right now. kendall has yet to text me and i'm starting to get worried, he is one of the least responsible people i know. if his sister was not at his house, i would never leave our daughter with him alone.

"hey, fantasia, i need a favor. abel called out, something about being sick. can you cover for him? i'll pay you double." my boss, daytona west, is a reasonable woman and does what she can to look out for us despite the general manager being an asshole.

"i don't know, kendall has ziah, and i need to pick her up in thirty minutes. he has never wanted to monitor her overnight, and he has made it obvious that this will not change."

"just see what you can do and let me know, all right?" daytona leaves as i nod, taking off my apron and disappearing to the back. i check my phone to see that i have five missed calls from kendall. i immediately call him back and it rings six times before kendall finally picks up. keziah is cheering in the background and i hear loud music along with the sound of an engine.

"where the hell are you taking her at eleven o'clock at night, kendall?"

"watch your fucking mouth, fantasia. i texted you two hours ago that you needed to come and pick her up. i told you yesterday i got a show tonight. i'm dropping her off. i got shit to do."

"i'm at work, kendall, and shit to do? she's your fucking daughter kendall. you cannot just drop her off at a damn bar, where's your sister?"

"i don't know, ask her and fuck out of here, fantasia what you want me to do? to bring her to the club? you may work but i work and get actual money. you have pennies that barely fill your tank. kezzy, say hi to mommy, and tell her we will see you soon."

"see you soon, mommy." my anger fades as soon as i hear my daughter's voice, he knows i refuse to yell around keziah.

"i love you baby."

"love you mommy."

"take care of my daughter kendall and do not smoke with her in the car." he scoffs and hangs up without another word and i sigh, rubbing my face. at least the general manager, mr. rome, is not here tonight. he hates it when keziah is here with me, but practically being a single mother i have little choice. i straighten myself and make the next call to my aunt.