𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

𖠋

𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣𝐢 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚

𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣𝐢 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚.

it was a monday morning, no different than any other for taraji penda henson. her heels announce her presence against the linoleum floors. the only other soul up and at the office this time of day is her trustworthy assistant, nysae. the beautiful tattooed woman has her coffee ready in hand for her boss, just the way she likes it, bitter and a bit sweet. taraji walks through her family's investment company with her head held high.

no one believed she would expand the business in the way she has, but she did and marveled at her successes. simple investments into small businesses and properties are how the henson family raised their name in 1970. and fifty-two years later, taraji henson successfully owns and invests in every company willing to become a client. real estate, airline, hospitality, and financial were just the start for the twenty-two-year-old. it only took five years to cultivate her success and become one of the world's richest and most successful black women at twenty-seven.

"good morning, ms. henson, you have a meeting with mr. locane at ten to discuss your investment in his real estate firm. you also have a lunch meeting with the board at the country club to discuss future endeavors." taraji rolls her eyes at the thought of going to her parent's country club. a "board meeting" is just a disguise for her parents to invade her private affairs. seeing as they make up the "board" and assigned her the chief executive officer position after her brother and his failed attempt, there is a sense of obligation to attend.

"thank you, nysae." taraji strips off her long coat, nysae moves to grab it as well as her purse as she updates her boss. taraji settles into her office, drinks her coffee, and gets to work. she buries her head in work, distracting herself from the impending lunch with her mother and father. however, the inevitable occurs despite her inner dread. taraji is in the back of her phantom, checking emails when a particular one stands out. it is from an old submissive she met years ago at a bdsm club.

marai's requests to meet for drinks tonight after arriving back in town this morning sounds simple enough but taraji knows better than marai monroe. a smirk slowly spreads across taraji's face at the prospect of an enjoyable evening. she has no doubt she will need extensive stress relief after this interrogation. at least now she has something to look forward to tonight. marai was always a favorite of hers before she moved to care for her sick mother. she was beautiful, and sweet, knew how to follow orders, and was just as sexual as taraji.

she arrives at the country club at exactly noon, praying this lunch ends quickly. her head of security steps out of the car waiting to open her door as she puts on her chanel square sunglasses. these people are vultures that prey on any display of weakness. growing up surrounded by individuals praying that she fails, taraji has learned to keep a blank expression and conversations nothing more than cordial and professional.

"wish me luck, dennis. you can go to lunch," taraji calls to the man who has been driving her since kindergarten.

"good luck, taraji, i will be here when you are ready." dennis' words are a promise he never fails. no matter the day or time dennis is there when taraji wants to escape. taraji taps the window and santiago opens the door. he escorts his boss to the dining room. his intimidating stature leaves people to admire and stare from a distance at his tense boss. although he does not have to worry about insistent fans among the affluent club members, you can never be too sure. these women are conniving and will do anything to see her fail.

"thank you, santiago. that will be all for now." taraji dismisses her security guard, looking at her parents behind the shades. "mother, father," is all the greeting she gives the pair. they reserve formalities like this for the public eye. luckily, the henson family is not known for affection.

"hello, taraji, how are you today?" her mother is always attempting to establish a non-existent connection. nevertheless, taraji entertains her mother's antics.

"i am doing fine, and yourself?"

"i am so glad you asked, your father and i have been talking." taraji rolls her eyes behind her glasses, already knowing where this conversation is going. it is the same one they have been having since her sister got married.

"while we recognize the growth and success you have brought the family. we believe it is the perfect time for you to begin thinking about your future." a server arriving at the table allows taraji to contemplate what approach she should take with the sometimes overbearing woman. when taraji's glass of water is filled, she dismisses the server before addressing the statement made by the older woman sitting across from her.

"my future in regards to what exactly?"

"settling down of course. it does not look good that our oldest daughter is prancing around like some whore while your brother and sister settle down." taraji sighs ready to leave even though it has been barely five minutes. this is not the first time they have had this conversation; it probably will not be the last. however, it was previously reserved for their suffocating family mansion. if bernice and william henson bring this conversation up in public, then they are going to be insistent about prying in her life.

"i am perfectly content with my life mother, i bought a hotel this morning." taraji's tone is sarcastic and dismissing as she takes a sip of her ice water. her blasé attitude succeeds in irritating the older woman much to taraji's enjoyment.

"taraji penda henson, can you please be serious for once in your life? your father and i turned a blind eye to your preferences and another to your.. extracurricular endeavors, but you are not getting younger. it is time that you settle down, william can you back me up here please?" william henson turns the page in his newspaper. he does not usually attempt to include himself in the women's affairs unless it directly calls for his attention, for willam henson it is not worth his time. however, he knows better than to defy his wife's requests while he is on her bad side.

"listen to your mother, taraji. find someone, grow the family, and get back to work. if you need help finding someone to settle with, then we will do you the honors personally." willam does not need to look up from his paper for the threat to ring clear. either taraji finds someone or they will find someone for her and it is a hundred percent guarantee that she will barely be able to tolerate that individual. taraji knows that they are serious this time and there is nothing she can do about it other than make it her choice.

"fine, i will begin searching for someone to settle down with but i want no interference from either of you. i am more than capable of dating without my parent's help." bernice's smile is wide and satisfied, content with getting her way.

"perfect, now this hotel, tell me about it. i hope it is not some sort of cracker box."

- 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐮𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭 𖠋