𝐱𝐱𝐢.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

"good morning, ms. hall," i stand at my desk, greeting regina as she walks up to my desk. it's my first official day and as nervous as i should have been, all i could focus on was the fact that my new boss left a hickey on taraji, my old boss. i don't know whether to be jealous or not, so i'd rather go with not.

"ms. barrino, astute as always." i give her a professional smile and grab my pad and tablet, her coffee, and follow her into the large, pristine office. i hand her coffee when she gets settled and pull up her schedule.

"what's on my personal agenda today?"

"you have lunch with your sister today, she wants to go over details about her wedding. she said to inform you that your mother and aunt, tracy will also be there. she is expecting you at twelve-thirty, i took the liberty of reserving your favorite table at fire and ice."

"ugh, i'm not ready to see that woman today."

"i'll make sure your fridge and bar is fully stocked upon your return after lunch." i write it down as i scroll through the rest of her schedule. i have to work with her secretary to adjust her personal appointments around her work schedule. during my interview, i wondered why she would need a personal assistant as well as a secretary but now i see why. i don't see how this woman manages so much in one day.

"at three o'clock you have a meeting with ms. richmond, she wants to extend her contract."

"no, i've grown tired of her, send her the final bill and be done with her." i nod, making a note of it before i continue reading her schedule. unlike taraji, regina still sees clients at the club on occasion which is why she needed a new assistant she could trust.

"you have dinner with ms. monroe at seven pm at le rose de la cómete. that will be your last personal appointment for today." regina nods as she sips her coffee, smirking at me over her rim.

"schedule an appointment with taraji p. henson, tonight at ten pm." my body reacts to taraji's name automatically and i know regina notices the pause in my writing. she watches me closely and i do my best to maintain my composure even though i want to ask more questions. like why does she want to meet taraji? or is this some continuation of their little moment on the balcony?

"anywhere in specific?"

"she can decide. i'm a bit hungry this morning, can you order breakfast please, get something for yourself as well." i write down my task and her order before walking to the door.

"oh and fantasia?" i stop to look at regina who has a dangerous grin on her face making me smirk. "see to it that you're present as well." she goes back to work and i quickly leave her office and puts in her order to the cafe downstairs. when that's done i make sure all her reservations are set for lunch and dinner and the nightclub expects her arrival so she and taraji won't have to wait. basically anything to put off from calling taraji about this meeting. i don't know what it's about but i have an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. i try to push the anxiety away and focus on work.